State Farm Full Coverage Insurance

piratediverjefff

Registered
After 10 years of liability only insurance on my Busas i called State Farm today and got what seemed to be a pretty good full coverage policy on my 2011 for $270 every 6 mos....now i can really go out and act a fool.:laugh:

Well that blows because I recently got a phone quote from our local agent and he quoted me 1300 / yr liability. Thinking about checking State Farm without going through the local agent. I was told that they use to go by engine displacement, but that this year they actually looked at every make and model and that the Suzuki Hayabusa was through the roof.

Damn dad,i was only paying $140 a year for liability(with Progressive)and always figured full coverage would be out of my reach until recently when a local guy i ride with told me what he was paying with State Farm.I didn't think it would even be as much as the $270 for 6 mos. as he was paying even less than that(but i think he also has his car,truck,etc. through them so probably a multi-policy discount).

Damn dad,i was only paying $140 a year for liability(with Progressive)and always figured full coverage would be out of my reach until recently when a local guy i ride with told me what he was paying with State Farm.I didn't think it would even be as much as the $270 for 6 mos. as he was paying even less than that(but i think he also has his car,truck,etc. through them so probably a multi-policy discount).

I've been with progressive since I bought the '08 my liability started out at 180 / yr. This year it was 280 / yr. I know I'm good for the past 3 years, thinking I'm good for the past 5 years.

You guys move out here and use my agent.:laugh:

(i'm pretty clean though;will be an old bastard of 60 in 2 weeks,had 1 speeding ticket 11 years ago,and only average about 50 miles per week,so those may have factored in)

These bastids where I currently get insurance on three vehicles and a house had me pull my ten year certified driving history from the state a year or two ago and go through lexus nexus or something like that for financial crap. I was clear and scored a perfect credit history minus 10 points for my credit card. Told me I had an attitude, I said yea and you gave it to me. I'm telling you I wanted to brake that prick up.

I'm so glad people can't read my thoughts :laugh:

I don't know. I'm 58, no tickets, a minor fender bender well over two years ago and I'm payin over $1500. Unfortunately my wife is part owner in a business so that requires us to have very good coverage or face the idea of getting hit with a big lawsuit. So I guess I do know. It just bites.

I don't know. I'm 58, no tickets, a minor fender bender well over two years ago and I'm payin over $1500. Unfortunately my wife is part owner in a business so that requires us to have very good coverage or face the idea of getting hit with a big lawsuit. So I guess I do know. It just bites.

Not a lawyer but I thought incorporating or going LLC helped that brother.

**** bro,i guess my $270 is ok after all(any more than that and i would've just kept the liability i've had for the past 10 years).

State Farm here also...$460 a yr for full coverage....all cars, house and life through them as well...44 yrs old....

State Farm is half the price of Gieco here in Rockland County NY, on my Busa, but surprisingly Gieco is cheaper on my old Katana!

I'm lucky I managed to get full cover on my bike for $25 a month for 15 months, here in England.
Came with leathers and helmet cover, and breakdown cover.

These bastids where I currently get insurance on three vehicles and a house had me pull my ten year certified driving history from the state a year or two ago and go through lexus nexus or something like that for financial crap. I was clear and scored a perfect credit history minus 10 points for my credit card. Told me I had an attitude, I said yea and you gave it to me. I'm telling you I wanted to brake that prick up.

I'm so glad people can't read my thoughts :laugh:

What makes you think they can't? "Told me I had an attitude" doesn't sound like you're all that mysterious. ;)

My full coverage with SF jumped from $383.00 a year to almost $500, no accidents, and I am 53 years young. My agent said the bike had been reclassified. I said as what? A terror threat?

State Farm has cheapest rate. Saved a few hundred on full coverage compared to progressive.

This is not always the case, there are many factors that go into the cost of insurance. I have had State Farm for the past 5 years, last year the full coverage premium went up around $60 with no tickets, accidents or anything on my record for 15 years. This year the premium went up $100 due to "policy changes" in State Farm. So, I dropped them like a rock and went to Progressive which is 1/2 the price and for the full year, so I guess that would be 1/4 the price State Farm wanted.

State Farm was great for me, until they starting nickle and diming me. I don't mind paying for a service, but the cost should be fair and if it goes up there should be a good reason.

Back