Startup issue

Cspradlin

Registered
Have a 2011 with a Brock's full alien head system. PCV will a map from Brock's installed. They sent me 3 maps and all of them do the same thing. When I start it cold, the RPM's drop to around 900 and the bike wants to stall. If I give it a little gas it is good. Or if it stalls and I start it again, it is fine. I have tried adding 3 percent to the startup fuel option for 10 seconds but that didn't help. Any thoughts?

Also try starting without the powercommander to make sure that its the powercommander n not the bike

It is grounded for sure. I will have to try without the PC. It only started doing this after exhaust and PC install. Bike only has 600 miles on it.

It's the way all the Gen II s crank. There is no adjustment. It is software driven. If you read the manual it will talk about giving it a little throttle and hitting the start button if it's cold out. Read the manual, but what you're describing is normal. It's 70 degrees here and mine cranked and stumbled bad and straightened up after about 5 seconds. Then ran about 1200 RPMs until it warmed up. Nothing to do with pipe, PC, or map IMHO. Not a mechanic.

It's the way all the Gen II s crank. There is no adjustment. It is software driven. If you read the manual it will talk about giving it a little throttle and hitting the start button if it's cold out. Read the manual, but what you're describing is normal. It's 70 degrees here and mine cranked and stumbled bad and straightened up after about 5 seconds. Then ran about 1200 RPMs until it warmed up. Nothing to do with pipe, PC, or map IMHO. Not a mechanic.
My 14 is set up the same way as the gen2 busa's, no fast idle lever, all automatic, and it also drops down do about 900 rpm's when first starting, then after a few seconds jumps up to 1200 or so till it warms up. I just give it a little gas for the first 10-15 seconds and its fine. Sounds normal to me as well.

The Big Red One said:
My 14 is set up the same way as the gen2 busa's, no fast idle lever, all automatic, and it also drops down do about 900 rpm's when first starting, then after a few seconds jumps up to 1200 or so till it warms up. I just give it a little gas for the first 10-15 seconds and its fine. Sounds normal to me as well.

I am no mechanic either, but I assure you, for the Busa at least, this is not normal. I have a friend that has a gen2 with the same setup, and his doesn't do it. And according to dyno jet support, it sounds like a map issue. But without getting it into a dyno shop, there is no way to be sure. It is not as big of a mechanical issue as it is, me just being anal. I know a little blip on the grip will work fine, but I want it to be perfect and that isn't perfect to me. Thanks for the input guys.

It's not normal. I talked to Brock's about it and I was told that it is most likely a map issue. I have a friend that has a Gen2 with the same setup and his doesn't start like that at all. I was assured that there is something off in the PC or the map. Might want to make sure your 14 is correct if you are having the same thing happen. I am to anal about my baby to let it go. I have to have it corrected. Thank for he input guys...

It's not normal. I talked to Brock's about it and I was told that it is most likely a map issue. I have a friend that has a Gen2 with the same setup and his doesn't start like that at all. I was assured that there is something off in the PC or the map. Might want to make sure your 14 is correct if you are having the same thing happen. I am to anal about my baby to let it go. I have to have it corrected. Thank for he input guys...
I have to admit it did irritate me at first, I figured it should be like a modern fuel injected car and start cold with a slightly higher idle, then come down as the bike warms up. My 14 has done it since new, bone stock, and runs perfect otherwise. Alot of other 14 owners have mentioned it as well. I just assumed the gen2 busa's were similiar. I have a first gen busa with the fast idle lever for start up....nothing automatic there :laugh:
I understand you wanting it right tho, I'm pretty anal myself when it comes to my bikes :thumbsup: Definately let us know what fixes it when you find the cure, it will prolly help many others out as well :beerchug:

It's not normal. I have a friend that has a Gen2 with the same setup and his doesn't start like that at all. I was assured that there is something off in the PC or the map.

I agree as my bike starts right up (briskly, no hesitation) on the 1st try (my old 08 also did the same). Best of luck sorting out your issue.

You can adjust idle manually as well with throttle cable. Give it one or two turns.
It will have nothing to do with map but may help. You can also adjust idle rpm in power commander program.

Problem solved. It was a Map issue. Ryan Schnitz racing dyno tuned it and she's runnin right. No startup problems and running fast as hell.

image-3282411595.jpg
180 max power and 108 max torque.

image-3282411595.jpg

Back