starting problems when hot!!!

Qic

Registered
i have a problem with my turbo busa,when the bike is cold it will crank the hell out of the motor,but when i ride for a few minutes,and the temp gage is in the middle of a little down the middel,and i shut the bike of and try so start it again it will crank like i have a dead of weak battery,but when it cools down,i will crank back very hard,
i have check for everything,i also put a fan switch too ry too keep the bike cooler,have taken out the thermostat,put some anti freeze in the engine still the same problem,the bike ran and drive like a charm
what do you guy's think is my problem???:please::please::please::please:

hmm test the battery could be weak.

The one time i ran into something like this my motor blew up shortly after granted i didn't have a turbo bike at the time so i can't say for sure if that was related or not.

I had the same problem a while back.....found out that a weak battery struggles more with a warm engine compared to a cold one.

weaker batteries dont do well with heat (lose some of there amps/CCA)
when they cool off they have the ability to give a better spark so to speak
also the starter will crank a little better when its cold too

should i add the 2 batery mod too make the canking 24 volt?
or i need to change my starter for this mod?

New battery first your not at high enough compression to really justify the expense just replace the current one first.

Just replace the battery. Your compresion is not high enough to require a 14s or 2 battery setup. When your engine is hot its compresion is up and harder to turn over. What pistons are you running

it its a stock hayabusa engine with stock compresion,no spacer no nothing!!!!
but i blown the engine at the strip,and i tear it down,put new pistons,and block ,
do you guy's thing a have the cam missaligment?????
the bike is running good,i have it on stock waste gate boost of 3 pounds!!!!

i have don the two batery mod,Men your are going to love it,i doesn't matter now the bike start like some one is running with a ak47 behind him,i will try to post some pic of the bike

I have had the same issue with my 05 busa, usually only down daytona bike week when I am traffic for a while and really heats up. Never did find out what is cause it but I can say I have ruled out battery, replaced it and still did it, also checked stator, etc. I have heard that it is actually from the metal inside the motor, pistons, rings, cyl. walls expanding and adding restriction.

Starter cover is the problem, the bosses in the covers wear and when hot they bind up, replace your starter covers and the problem will be gone,

Richard

I had the issue when I had OEM stator cover, and still had it after I replaced it with an aftermarket cover. Like anything, just because it did not fix mine does not mean it isn't worth a try.

Back