Starting Problems and strange clicking sound when bike is shut off.

Bambambusa

Registered
I don't understand strange clicking sound when I shut off my Hayabusa. While making that sound I couldn't get my bike to work again until my girlfriend gave me a push start. She is so awesome evertime she pushed me the Busa started! Ok I'm going to tell y'all that I have been thinking.... I'm definitely going directly to the source of the events that caused the starter clutch problems and I'm just going to say that the problem is definitely at the starter. Remember the clicking sound? That's metal contracting as the engine is cooling down. So doesn't aluminum or magnesium expand at a faster rate than steel? Ok I think I have just got the slap in the face. My starter failed after the first ride to gas station... Another Busa rider stuck at gas station. So I have fell into the Busa starting spell that is never ending. This has become a serious problem that has been hurting feelings. Now after checking everything and spending time and money and reading the never ending news about the problems and solutions I did notice that the beginning of the problem can occur almost immediately you start the bike and it's not been acting up. I'm going to post a super short video that addresses the culprit of slow crank after many have been throwing parts at the problem. I'm sick of typing and it's all fun and games until your fingers get sore.

Wow.
Kinda like how I feel after eating too much sugar. Frosted Flakes and Krispy Kreme for breakfast, wash it down with a Coke
It's not my fingers that are sore right now ...

It's your bearings in your starter... On the brush end the bearing eventually works it's way out of race and some cases faster than others. Don't forget that the magnets in the starter are very strong and also contribute to the slow crank because stator magnets are strong and heating expansion and cooling down with join forces to reap havock and continue the process of damages to the starter and the other parts in the weakest link of the best motorcycle engine out there. Look and service starter! Red locktite is your friend!

IMG_20200331_233837301.jpg

Back