Starting problem after HID install

00323ci

Registered
When i turn the key on and turn on engine engine button , i got power to everything go to hit the starter button and nothing happens if i jerk the bike up or put the kickstand up it will start or turn off the key and turn it back on it will start sometimes without putting the bike upright. it started this when i put the hid kit on and undertail on at the same time. also pulled nose to do hid install . i also have digital balasts. any ideas????????????? why it does this????

i only took one plug off on install that was nose plug thats the lights and turn signals. all the tail light connections are good. it runs perfect the whole time i ride and will start everytime when i start it up on a ride but when i let it sit for a while it will do it . could it be a problem with the tipover sensor??

Possibly just a simple coinkydink but check your kickstand switch.
If it's sticking a bit it can create probs .

I managed to yank the yellow injector wire out from the harness the last time I lifted the tank up. It's a yellow wire w/ no slack right under the fuel pump on the bottom of the gas tank. If you don't hear your injectors fire up when u turn the key, check those wires.

He said it doesn't do anything, if the inj. wire were loose it would still crank.

LOL found it . i put on new levers and had it adjusted to setting one . which was just on the borderline of the clutch starter switch. i put it at 3 and it starts fine. :whistle:

^^^ thats funny, a couple days ago my wife called and said her bike wouldn't start every time (she has a 750 gsxr) so she gets home and i look at her bike and i start it a couple times, works fine. i tell her to start it and it won't start, i look at her clutch hand and she's not pulling in the clutch all the way. i showed her this thread, she got a good laugh out of it. laughing at herself, not you. anyway glad u figured it out.

Back