Starting A Keto Diet

For those doing this, I'll throw a curveball. Few years back I did Keto, but found like most have that once you stop you gain all if not more back. I tried something different a few years back and it works great and is delicious as well.

High protein. I know this sounds too easy, but seriously I had steak, chicken, and pretty much all meat. I ate all the steak and meat I wanted, and went from 220 to 180. Now I'm 6'0 almost 6'1 so 180 was way too small for me. But the key was it wasn't a diet so much as a change to the way I ate. The problem with diets are maintaining them. Changing the way you eat is easier. Going to a restaurant is easy. Hmmm some steak? Yes please. Instead of no, I can't have that, I have to have that plain, etc. High protein is easy, healthy, and maintainable. Granted I was working out heavy as well, but prior to this, I had done it without exercise and got down to 190.

Just throwing it out as another option. Look into it. It may be easier to maintain for some.

Just be careful with too much protein on any diet, as too much really strains and can damage your kidneys.
I had always read this, and then over a year ago, my brother in law started going through this. 6' 3", active, in shape, works out, high protein diet with supplements...and kidneys functioning at 40%.
Thankfully, and suprisingly to the Dr.s', he has improved dramatically, and continues to.
I would agree that different things work for different people, and that we all need to be mindful and cautious with changes in our diets.

I haven't watched this, but;
My opinion on the Adkins diet is that it may work for some, but it seems to put your body in a starved state, causing the body to lack alot of what it needs. Vs pushing a little further into ketosis, where dramatic and alot of positive change can happen.

I have to say keto works. I am down roughly 30 lbs now in 45 -60 days. I am down 2 jean sizes from 40 to 36. My xxl shirts are now dresses on me since i have no gut left to baloon them out :) Well i have some what of a gut but not near as bad.

That’s good viper! I lost 40lbs my 1st try on the keto. This round has not been very successful at staying in it. Guess I like all the bad food too much

Check out intermittent fasting too. So simple, if you can get used to it. All I eat is lunch and dinner, nothing from about 7pm till noon-1 then next day. Cup of black coffee and water in the AM thats it, now I havent lost much if any, but I am maintaining a somewhat decent size at 230 and 6/3 Could stand to loose 10-20 but hey at least I am not getting a big neck and gut!

Back