starter parts cost

hayabyebye

Registered
i bought a 01 busa and the starter started giving me problems, spinning mostly w/o engaging, does anyone know how much the parts to repair this are??? please help
thanks,
nathan

If it is stripped it will cost around $500 (300 for starter, 200 for new gear). Buy the after market gear so it will not happen again. Hayabusazone.com has the gear on sale but I would check around. You will have to do alittle grinding so it fits good. The same thing happened to me last year!
cussing.gif

i bought a 01 busa and the starter started giving me problems, spinning mostly w/o engaging, does anyone know how much the parts to repair this are??? please help
                                          thanks,
                                           nathan
Welcome to the board.  Have you checked with your dealer yet?  There has been some talk of a service bulletin regarding the starters.
Jim

thanks,
                                           nathan
Welcome to the board.  Have you checked with your dealer yet?  There has been some talk of a service bulletin regarding the starters.
Jim
Yeah.....I heard the same thing.

in more or less words the dealer told me they werent going to fix it and suzuki usa gave me the same spiel. oh well, thanks for the replies though
nathan

Hey check with Puck. He just had his starter replaced under warrenty.

thanks,
nathan[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to my 2000 Busa
AAAssjani.gif

Back