Started RN school this past Tuesday.

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Holy Sh*t. I'm not gonna have much of a life for the next 4 semesters. 2 1/2 hour lecture/theory components Tuesday and Wednesday. Required Skills Lab Thursdays for 2.5 hours plus mandatory practice labs (2.5 hours), Clinical rotation at local hospitals on Fridays (6AM to 6PM). Catch up on studies on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. Test on 10-15 chapters every other Monday. Two Sundays out of the entire semester for 12 hour clinical rotations. 4 hours of required community service for the semester. More reading. And that's just the 1st 2 weeks of school.

on a brighter note:

60 students: 55 women and 5 guys.

an astounding 11:1 female to male student ratio! :whistle: I'm married so I guess that won't apply to me at all. But there are some nice looking females there. :thumbsup:

on a brighter note:

60 students: 55 women and 5 guys.

an astounding 11:1 female to male student ratio! :whistle: I'm married so I guess that won't apply to me at all. But there are some nice looking females there. :thumbsup:

Or as it should read since you are married:

60 students: 55 women, 4 guys and 1 neutered male :laugh:

good luck we only lost 25% of our class people will start dropping like flies... the girl friend lost about half her class...

we had 118 people of which maybe 12 were men... :thumbsup:

btw whats the passing grade for the classes 78% or higher?

best of luck to you bro, glad it is you and not me! :thumbsup:

IME you have picked a job field where there is work and a lot of it.. Now you get to pick a specialty? :) pay scales are not too shabby either.. I think we start RN's at close to $20 per hour (strictly infusion work).. and many are paying sign on bonus's just to get good help in the door.. Congrats and good luck, the course work is pretty tough but seems that if you study, you should be ok.. just a lot of memorization..

Congrats and good luck....

I just finished college a year ago.. so I feel your pain on that.

My wife lost her job so if we can somehow get by, She's going to nursing school. I,m gettin old and i think maybe this will be a secure job, but who knows these days. I should have my azz kicked for not letting her finish school when we first met 15 years ago. But no, we needed the money then. I'm A DUMB ASS. Maybe now i could just ride the busa. Good luck everyone, Times are hard in the south.

My daughter is going to school to be a nurse. She is just getting the requirements out of the way now, but she will start in the nursing program in the fall of 2010. Good luck, you picked a great proffession.

My daughter is going to school to be a nurse. She is just getting the requirements out of the way now, but she will start in the nursing program in the fall of 2010. Good luck, you picked a great proffession.

I'm in the same situation. I'm workin on requirements right now. This is my first semester, so I've got a ways to go. It'll be worth it in the end, but I'm really not enjoying not having a life. It apears it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Congrats bro...I work in Cardiology and medicine is a great field. There is no recession in medicine. Bad economy and people get sick...likely have more chest pain! Good luck!

Congrats, Ryan! What an awesome step forward!

Congrats!!! :beerchug:

My wife is going thru the same madness right now....just started the clinicals this semester. She lives in front of a book all the time ! The crap is killin' me more than her.

my sister is a RN..my cousin is an RN...its alot of work...but the results are rewarding. chi ching!!! hang in there..

Congrats!

I have REALLY, REALLY, REALLY been wanting to go back and finally finish up the hours for my bachelor's degree. I have always worked in hospitals doing medical credentialing or contracting but found the clinical side much more interesting. The degree that I had been working on was a BS in Health Care Administration, so I have a lot of the "core" pre requistite classes.

My question is how do I go to Nursing school, attend all the labs, and practicals but still try to maintain an income.?

My sister, brother and his wife are RNs. My little brother is a EMT. I can't get past the cathaters and bed pans to do those jobs:whistle:

Back