started p90x today

I just ordered it online and it should be here in a cpl of days. Ordered a chin up bar and i gotta figure out how to put it on the support beams in my basement. Looking forward to it as well. Great to see others are trying it. I am not brave enough to put pics up. Dont want to scare anyone steril here:laugh:...Brew give us some updates!

I'm in week 8 of P90X now.

So far I've lost 15 pounds and 3 inches in my tummy and hips.

I kick it up a little by running at least 1.25 miles on the non-weight days. On weekends I try to run at least 3 miles on Saturday or Sunday. Since I added that I'm really dropping the weight and getting a nicer physique. I'm not ready to enter Mr. Universe but I'm definitely stronger than when I started.

How do you guys get that via torrent if someone might be willing to disclose on here
A quick look at The Pirate Bay showed several copies of P90X. Just learn how to use it first, you will need a bitTorrent client program to download torrents, a good one to use is uTorrent

I just bought an unopened set on CL today, I'm reading the nutrition plan booklet now!

IMG_0078 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Disclaimer: i very much into nutrition and working out. that being said-->

As far as diet goes, this is where alot of people are going to mess up. going through the motions is only one small part of getting in shape. the px90 meals are way more tasty than my current diet of boneless skinless unseasoned chicken breast 4 times a day, just plane no nothing no condiments, nada. and 2 protein shakes. its gotten to the point where i dont eat for pleasure, its because i have too. all my food tastes horrible. but im also somewhere around 5-6% bodyfat with abs that look like armor. Really, getting in shape is ALL about diet in my opinion, sacrifice taste for looks. :muscle:

Well jch364 asked for an update and here it is. Started week five tonight and I feel great. I have lost about 10 lbs and havent measured anything yet and don't plan to till the end. I can see some more definition. I also got my bodyfat tested a while ago and am going to get it done at the end.

Irish, i see where you are coming from. My grandpa always said that you eat to live and you dont live to eat. But starting this program and commiting to a stricter diet compared to my previous eating habits of getting the most for my money and 5lb food challenges, really makes me feel better and i know I have committed to being healthier. And that was my goal. I feel great about what I have done and am looking forward to the future. If I get to the point of having 5% body fat that would be awesome but thats probably more than a year in the making. Plus i love to cook. Fun hobby and my friends like my cooking too. Congrats to your fitness level. maybe someday I'll get bored with my workouts and diet and get crazy like you.

Me and the wife do this program and it has helped us both. I was at a low point when my father passed a few years back and hit 240. Being in the service this wasnt good so I went at it with the diet and the workouts and dropped to 190 in about 6 months. Then the winter hit and running stopped, 210 came back around. Then deployment lol you can see where this goes. I do not look as great as I did at 190 but I am starting this program back up and although I cant follow the diet here to well I will be in better condition when I go home then I was when I left. You will enjoy the results if you can stick with it.

I lucked out with the downloading part, my wife has the original copy and when i got here I found someone with it and I just transfered the file to my desktop.

interested to see the after pics op!!!! also anyone who starts this should post before and after pics.... i want to show my wife what we can do together!!!! please please!!!! also if anyone wants to part with the program i would buy!!!!

A very interesting thread, this.

I decided late last December (which was a fairly low point in life, but that's another story) that I was quite weary of being Linebacker Warchild, and decided... ENOUGH! Time to quit talking, and start doing.

All I am using are a pair of killer running shoes, and two books. One is relatively new, called "The 4 Hour Body" by Tim Ferriss. It is extraordinary.

The second book, however, is where all the really Hard Core stuff comes into play. It is somewhat dated - circa 1985 - but it's a book containing the exercise/running regimens for US Navy SEALS. And, yes, it is extremely brutal... the first couple months are "Two-A-Days", where you have ~ 90 minutes of brutal intensity workouts/running routines, every 12 hours.

It's all you in this program... you either want it, or you don't. Ain't no video's or other external motivational mechanisms. You want to get into righteous shape? Only one thing, and one thing only will git 'er done:

Discipline. You either have it, or you don't.

The first 30 days brought some staggering results: a 28lb weight loss, and over 4" off the waistline. In fact, I was forced to buy all new work pants, 'cuz the old ones were flapping in the breeze, there are simply too large anymore.

But none of this was a cakewalk, I assure you.

It takes a LOT of discipline to drag your dying ass out of bed at 4:30am every morning, and lace up your running shoes over blistered feet, all while listening to the sleet and freezing rain beat against the bedroom window. It is EXTREMELY tempting to want to climb into the still-warm bed sheets, particularly knowing you have to go out and run 3 miles in this freezing crap.

Tough titty. I do it anyway. Every 12 hours, weather be damn, I am out there cranking out the 3 mile run. Then go right into the exercise sets. This happens at 4:30am, and 4:30pm. Every day. 7 days a week.

Obviously, this approach to fitness isn't everyone's cup of tea.

But, damnation, it is most definitely doing the job for me. In spades! :beerchug:

Kudos to everyone out there who are trying their best to get where they want to be, in whatever manner they choose to do it in. :agree: :agree: :agree:

I'm considering this but I'm worried it will be hard to do with all the travel I do. I did just start an induction phase for most all diets (high protein/low carb) and have dropped 12lbs in the past week :thumbsup: Has anyone that has done this program think it would be possible to do in a hotel? I have resistance bands but worry about the need for the chin bar and if you need a mat or just carpet.

Back