started p90x today

I'm considering this but I'm worried it will be hard to do with all the travel I do. I did just start an induction phase for most all diets (high protein/low carb) and have dropped 12lbs in the past week :thumbsup: Has anyone that has done this program think it would be possible to do in a hotel? I have resistance bands but worry about the need for the chin bar and if you need a mat or just carpet.

You don't really need a mat. I say improvise, if there is an exercise you can't do on the road then repeat another one. It's all about moving your body and getting your heart rate up for a certain amount of time. Even dancing for an hour is better than nothing.

Congrats on the 12lbs lost! :cheerleader:

You don't need pull up bars if you have bands. Just hook the bands to the door and lean forward and mimic a pullup. All the how-to is in the DVDs.

Disclaimer: i very much into nutrition and working out. that being said-->

As far as diet goes, this is where alot of people are going to mess up. going through the motions is only one small part of getting in shape. the px90 meals are way more tasty than my current diet of boneless skinless unseasoned chicken breast 4 times a day, just plane no nothing no condiments, nada. and 2 protein shakes. its gotten to the point where i dont eat for pleasure, its because i have too. all my food tastes horrible. but im also somewhere around 5-6% bodyfat with abs that look like armor. Really, getting in shape is ALL about diet in my opinion, sacrifice taste for looks. :muscle:

Ah my friend, you really must learn about spices. Not jumpin on ya at all, not that kind of person. So, please don't take offense. I have all kinds of different ways to season chicken, beef, turkey, whatever. I got tired of dry tasteless chicken and began experimenting. As much of this stuff as I eat, I had to come up with something. One of my favorites is simply sprinkling with Cajun or Creole seasoning. Seasoning isn't the enemy, portion size, refined sugar content, and sautrated fats are the real enemies, not taste! Trust me on this, you CAN look good and eat tasty food!!!:thumbsup:

Back