Start up ?

rand

Registered
When the key is turned on, the gauges, lites etc.. seem to boot up. Must we wait untill full cycle before we push the starter? Can we just turn the key and hit the starter? Thank you.

I personally like to wait until the fuel pump comes up to pressure, then hit the button and by the way :welcome:

Seems my bike needs to finish its "thing" before it let's me kick 'er over. When the LCD stops flashing "Check" i know she's ready! GEN1 BTW..

Never tried since I haven't needed to shave that few extra seconds.

It will crank immediately, maybe not as well because of fuel pressure, but why not wait until it's finished doing it's thing? Takes what three seconds. Much faster than a PC :laugh:

When the key is turned on, the gauges, lites etc.. seem to boot up. Must we wait untill full cycle before we push the starter? Can we just turn the key and hit the starter? Thank you.

Maybe, not sure. However, the Hayabusa is like a fine woman. You can get started before she's ready, but you'll find that everything goes a bit more smoothly if you give her some time. :whistle::laugh:

Thank you for responding. I guess I am just a bit impatiant' sometimes the 4 or 5 seconds seems like 30. Why can we just turn the key of our auto and start rite up? My truck is fuel injected and i presume has a fuel pump. I do always allow a bit of warm up so i guess the few seconds are not a big deal, I was just wondering what else is the bike doing when we first turn the ignition? On my other bikes I turn the key and hit the starter and drive away. By the way i have learned a lot on this forum and love this bike. I have an 08 orange and black and had the 06 le white. I have had almost 100 bikes in the last 40 years. Like my dogs and kids I have loved them all, the Hayabusa is one of my all time favorites. Thanks again.

Thank you for responding. I guess I am just a bit impatiant' sometimes the 4 or 5 seconds seems like 30. Why can we just turn the key of our auto and start rite up? My truck is fuel injected and i presume has a fuel pump. I do always allow a bit of warm up so i guess the few seconds are not a big deal, I was just wondering what else is the bike doing when we first turn the ignition? On my other bikes I turn the key and hit the starter and drive away. By the way i have learned a lot on this forum and love this bike. I have an 08 orange and black and had the 06 le white. I have had almost 100 bikes in the last 40 years. Like my dogs and kids I have loved them all, the Hayabusa is one of my all time favorites. Thanks again.

I always let the fuel pump pressurize in my car also. Turns over less before it fires.

Back