start kill switch replacement.

Hi all got a a sweet little problem that I need help with.

I have replaced the throttle with a motion pro quick throttle and put on Brembo 19rcs brake master and lever. Now the start kill switch assembly will not fit on the bars. I have put longer bars on 11in. still not enough room due to the radial lever as the elbow out of the master shortens up the room. I was thinking of running the switches in the top of the fairing . Has anyone done this or any ideas on a work around.

Thanks Sneekle

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
PMR makes some nifty switches and brackets, maybe one of those would fit? Check with Sponsor Pashnit, he's got em mounted up on his bike and is a distributor.

Thanks for the reply Rooster . Yeah I put a PMR Thumb switch on the clutch side to by pass the safety they are nice. Problem is there they do a 3 pack but is all to suit clutch side and they are all momentary switches. Thats y I was thinking of doing something in the top of the fairing like you might see in a drag car a start switch which is momentary and the toggle type switch for the kill switch, I never used the mode button so I can live without that and you can change that on the instrument cluste panel itself I think.

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Thanks for the reply Rooster . Yeah I put a PMR Thumb switch on the clutch side to by pass the safety they are nice. Problem is there they do a 3 pack but is all to suit clutch side and they are all momentary switches. Thats y I was thinking of doing something in the top of the fairing like you might see in a drag car a start switch which is momentary and the toggle type switch for the kill switch, I never used the mode button so I can live without that and you can change that on the instrument cluste panel itself I think.
I have a Brembo master and a PMR switch on Bessie... Is the kill switch different than a single switch?

image-571868586.jpg

image-4251712366.jpg

image-282378069.jpg

image-571868586.jpg

image-4251712366.jpg

image-282378069.jpg

Hi Mc
The problem is the motion pro throttle it takes up a lot of room on the bars. The original switch has the start ,kill,mode and throttle reel all in one. To work with the motion pro throttle i cut the reel off the switch and had it under the motion pro which worked fine . When I put on the new brembo in the same set up position the lever was hitting the back of the switch. So I tried switching it around to solve the clearance issue with the switch and no go hitting the master cyc elbow. Even with the current lever set up I still have the back of the master hitting just slightly the moulding under the instrument cluster on full lock. I'm going back to mates today with a clear head to have another go will take some pic's.

Almost There.jpg

Hi all there is no way to fit the stock start switch on the bike with the mods I have done . I can get a switch with a flat back that will do the job but the new starter switch has only 2 wires and the stock busa (gen2) switch has 4 wires . Now I believe 2 of the wires are for the headlights and 2 are for starting the bike. Can anyone confirm that the O/R-stripe and Y/W-stripe are for the head lights and O/W-stripe & Y/G-stripe is for starting the bike . I think it would be wise to confirm before chopping stuff up.
Thanks

20130520_161810.jpg

20130520_161810.jpg

Hi All No way the original gen2 switch will fit. I have found a switch that will fit but it only has 2 wires running into it. On the original there is 4. I believe 2 are to start the bike and 2 are for the headlights to stay on all the time. Can anyone confirm that and a work around with the headlights where i can wire them up to to get the same sort of results.

Thanks Sneekle

20130520_161810.jpg

Hi All No way the original gen2 switch will fit. I have found a switch that will fit but it only has 2 wires running into it. On the original there is 4. I believe 2 are to start the bike and 2 are for the headlights to stay on all the time. Can anyone confirm that and a work around with the headlights where i can wire them up to to get the same sort of results.

Thanks Sneekle
Did you ever get this figured out. I am trying to do the same thing. If you did any advice would be appreciated.