Star V-Max

det45

Registered
Has anyone run up on a 2009 Star V-Max yet? I live in San Antionio Texas and have yet to see one of these machines. ??? Wouldn't mind taking one on with my Gen2.....:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oops Sorry that would be street racing huh.......:devil:

hmmm:

The muscle bike that defined power in the 20th century has been reborn as the new king of the hill (197hps/123ftlbs). This site is dedicated to the new Yamaha Star V-Max. We complie news, assemble photos and videos and have the largest online community in the world dedicated to the New V-Max. Check out our V-Max neighborhood pages in your personal profile to find other nearby members.

Can't find specs on Yamaha site, but this site is claiming 197 hp, maybe that's crank, still that's a lot of ponies and 123 ft lbs of torque. It does weigh in at 683/685 wet and has no where to hide at high speeds.

Not familiar with the bike...

I have seen one at bike nite at texas pride BBQ awesome looking machine also a b king or two. They have a dyno and live band. thursdays 6-10 4mi south of I10 on 1604 otta check it out:beerchug:

I'm in Lufkin, TX check with Ross Motorsports, where I visit daily.

P10100091.JPG

P1010016_00.JPG

P10100071.JPG

Last edited:
VMAX stock is 197 hp crank, ~ 168 rwhp. Shaft drive not as efficient as chain. Plus the thing weighs 700 lbs wet, has a 4 gallon gas tank and limited range at 27 mpg.

I see where they are wanting $19,500 for the 2010 model. It is a nice tasty red too. Very cool bike.

It's 200+ once you pull that Intake Restrictor plate out...heheheh!

:cheerleader:

I think they are nuts for taking the Otodama engine original 337hp and then detuning it to 200. Imagine the team meeting when they decided to say Let's install this Intake Restrictor Plate so the engine can't breathe as good too, but only use plastic rivets so they can take it back out!

Why do they work so hard to make a monster...then work harder to keep it docile?

Last edited:
Has anyone run up on a 2009 Star V-Max yet? I live in San Antionio Texas and have yet to see one of these machines. ??? Wouldn't mind taking one on with my Gen2.....:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oops Sorry that would be street racing huh.......:devil:

Pick on somebody your own size... Besides, those guys paid an awful lot of money to live in their fantasy world. It would be cruel to take that all away from them.:laugh:

Pick on somebody your own size... Besides, those guys paid an awful lot of money to live in their fantasy world. It would be cruel to take that all away from them.:laugh:

Now that's a delusion if I ever saw one. :rulez:

But if it makes you feel better...:whistle:

There is a guy with one that works out at the local Rush fitness place,

lol...

Another member on here, has a 08 Built and boosted 08 Busa with about 430 rear wheel.

We can't seem to find the guy in the gym when his bike is out front.

It's a good looking bike, I wouldn't mind a test ride to see what she feels like though.

That show "Jesse is a Dead Man" is going to be Sunday on Spike TV featuring Jesse on his VMax at Bonneville. His reply after riding it was.... “After experiencing the raw power and torque of the new VMAX I find it hard to ride any other bike!â€￾

jj_static_vmax_600.jpg

Like I said, I would like to run up on a MAX with my Busa and run him however I wouldn't under estimate the MAXs power. The don't call the MAX a power cruiser for nothing......:thumbsup:

VMAX stock is 197 hp crank, ~ 168 rwhp. Shaft drive not as efficient as chain. Plus the thing weighs 700 lbs wet, has a 4 gallon gas tank and limited range at 27 mpg.

I see where they are wanting $19,500 for the 2010 model. It is a nice tasty red too. Very cool bike.

??? Certainly wouldn't be my 1st or even 3rd choice for a scoot in that price range!

2010 Star V-Max 197crank-168 RWHP, 685 lbs., $19,500.00

2009 Ducati Streetfighter S 155crank-135RWHP, 368 lbs., $18,995.00 including Ohlins suspension front and rear, Marchesini wheels, 330mm Brembo brakes, a data logging system, and an excellent traction control system.

I know which 20G naked bike I'm buying when I hit the lotto!

That show "Jesse is a Dead Man" is going to be Sunday on Spike TV featuring Jesse on his VMax at Bonneville. His reply after riding it was.... “After experiencing the raw power and torque of the new VMAX I find it hard to ride any other bike!â€￾

jj_static_vmax_600.jpg

That dude says what he's paid to say, hell he would have said the same shid after riding a MOPED at bonne :laugh:

Back