Stands which ones should I buy

MONSTRBUSA

Registered
Well after selling the old bike and now getting a new Busa I figure that I should buy some stands. Which stands would you recommend and why?

I have never owned any before so I have no idea which ones are better/worse than others.

Thanks

Redline is a board sponsor, and their stands are beefy.:thumbsup: I also like T-rex stands, their standard rear is just wide enough to fit my 240 arm. something to think about if ya ever wanna go wide.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Pitbull stands are extremely well built and will probably last longer than your bike. There is one more stand that I would recommend from personal experience, depending on what you're looking for. Check out the Bursig stand from Germany. I have one for my GSXR-600, but they make them for the Busa as well. They are expensive, but worth it to me. Here is mine pictured below. Please notice the wheels, so that you can roll your bike around the garage.
Gixxer-0138.jpg

The web site for this stand is:

Paddock Racing Stand Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2008-2010 SH-8

:beerchug:

Gixxer-0138.jpg

I have a redline front stand (bottom of forks) and a pitbull forward facing rear stand. I am happy with both.:beerchug:

Lots of good brands mentioned here. I'de buy a front stand like this, so you can work on your forks too. If you ever need fork seals(eventually they all do)even if you can't fix them yourself, you'll save alot of time and money by being able to take them somewhere as opposed to your whole bike.

busa-headstock.jpg

Red Line is a sponsor here and I've been using his stands since '06, never had an issue.

Pitbull stands are extremely well built and will probably last longer than your bike. There is one more stand that I would recommend from personal experience, depending on what you're looking for. Check out the Bursig stand from Germany. I have one for my GSXR-600, but they make them for the Busa as well. They are expensive, but worth it to me. Here is mine pictured below. Please notice the wheels, so that you can roll your bike around the garage.
View attachment 213876

The web site for this stand is:

Paddock Racing Stand Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2008-2010 SH-8

That thing is awesome! That's lazy to a whole new level, I've gotta have it!:laugh: Thanks for posting it.

pitbull, there is no substitute

it would take 2 people to p/u that busa w/ tht center stand thingy. though its very very cool!

I have a pitbull rear. Does take 2 ppl to work safely but if u have skills i dont have im sure u could do it alone

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Lots of good brands mentioned here. I'de buy a front stand like this, so you can work on your forks too. If you ever need fork seals(eventually they all do)even if you can't fix them yourself, you'll save alot of time and money by being able to take them somewhere as opposed to your whole bike.
Funny you should bring that up mate, I'm off to Cycle Gear to buy the Pit Bull triple clamp front stand right now.

Bloody well better be for $500 plus shipping!!!

Yeah, I know, but you see how easy he lifts a smaller bike. I think I've got enough extra left in me to lift the Busa:laugh: It's worth it to me in the long run, and you can remove the steering head and rear shock easily with it. Once the engine was out you could lift it back up to. Uncle Sam's gonna buy me one!:laugh:

Right on, I hope it's in stock:beerchug:
Yup...in stock and lifting up the front of my bike as I write. This is the first Pit Bull stand I have bought, but doubt I'll ever buy any other kind now...bloody thing's as strong as an ox (kinda like my dog actually, which is also a Pit Bull)!

Yeah, I know, but you see how easy he lifts a smaller bike. I think I've got enough extra left in me to lift the Busa:laugh: It's worth it to me in the long run, and you can remove the steering head and rear shock easily with it. Once the engine was out you could lift it back up to. Uncle Sam's gonna buy me one!:laugh:

I think the Bursig is a great choice. There are a few things that you'll need a standard rear stand for though, so don't expect to be able to do everything with it. Right now I'm removing the front and rear sprockets on my 600, but with the stand in place, you can't get at the front sprocket cover all that well. For removing both wheels, brake work, fork work, oil changes, etc. It just can't be beat. Lifting the Busa is definately going to be a two handed job, but I can lift the 600 with one arm. They claim to be able to hold 300Kgs, so the Busa is well within that. I can sit on my 600 while it's on the stand no problem, it's extremely stable. Just remember when ordering, the casters are not included with the standard stand, you have to order them separately. If you do get one, let me know what you think of it with the Busa. I might have to order another one:laugh:

I think the Bursig is a great choice. There are a few things that you'll need a standard rear stand for though, so don't expect to be able to do everything with it. Right now I'm removing the front and rear sprockets on my 600, but with the stand in place, you can't get at the front sprocket cover all that well. For removing both wheels, brake work, fork work, oil changes, etc. It just can't be beat. Lifting the Busa is definately going to be a two handed job, but I can lift the 600 with one arm. They claim to be able to hold 300Kgs, so the Busa is well within that. I can sit on my 600 while it's on the stand no problem, it's extremely stable. Just remember when ordering, the casters are not included with the standard stand, you have to order them separately. If you do get one, let me know what you think of it with the Busa. I might have to order another one:laugh:

Thanks for the advice, and I already have front and rear stands. My rear stand lifts from the swingarm and is pretty good in general for most bikes. I'de been considering a rear stand with spools for the Busa just for conveniance though, and then you had to go and post this!:laugh:
I didn't know it exhisted until today, but it's exactly what I've been looking for! I am glad to hear it's so stable too. I'll definately be buying one, and hopefully very soon(hurry up Uncle Sam!). I have a long list of parts I'm slowly collecting, and this will make it that much easier to do it in one shot. I'll be sure and let everyone know what I think of it. Considering the 600 is roughly 2/3 the weight of the Busa and you can lift it with one hand like the video, I don't think the Busa will be too bad to get up either. I'll find out.
I'de also like to know if you could just buy another frame bracket for your Busa, as opposed to another stand.
Thank you sir for costing me even more money:laugh: But seriously, the hassle that'll save me is well worth it.:beerchug:

Back