Stands for maintenance and storage

redline has good stands but you are much better off riding it all winter than letting it sit, don't let a cool breeze keep your wheels hanging in the air:beerchug:

There are many good brands to choose from and you'll get many opinions.
I cannot recall ever hearing to stay away from any particular brand due to poor quality.
I would recommend a front forklift stand as opposed to a front stand that lifts under the front forks(there is nothing wrong with those either though).
The forklift stand lifts under the lower triple clamp and allows you to remove the forks, as well turn the bars if need be. I personally find them to be more stable also, where as if you bump into the bike it won't topple over.
All bikes will eventually need fork seals, so even if you can't replace the seals yourself you'll save money by being able to take the forks somewhere, as opposed to the whole bike.
You can find a forklift stand for around the same price as one that lifts under the bottom of the forks too.
I don't know if you're familiar with a forklift stand so here's a picture(not my bike).:beerchug:

busa-headstock.jpg

Yeah that Bursig stand is sweet but a bit on the spendy side for me right now. I have a Gen 1 and have some new tires on the way and want to bring the wheels in to save some money. So far in my search nothing super great has come up at a price I like.

Redline rear swivel stand, Pit-bull front fork/tree stand and Baxley Sport chock for everyday use.

Redline rear swivel stand, Pit-bull front fork/tree stand and Baxley Sport chock for everyday use.

Yes thank you! It looks like this is the way to go. Redline has the Swivel stand package on sale but you do not get the fork/tree stand.

Well, I was originally using the rear swivel stand and the baxley chock due to space limitations in my old garage. Now that we have moved into a larger house and I have more garage space, I use the chock daily and the stands for maintenance. The swivel stand worked great for years to get the bike out of the way of my wife backing out of the garage.

I have the stand that goes under the the front forks but I wish I had the lower tree type stand. Im not going to whine though, I got the SET for $80 from a guy who sold his busa to buy a chopper.

Ian is a sponsor, been here forever helping out and he even comes and hangs with us at meets. Been using his stands since '06.

Redline stands :laugh: almost forgot

Ian is a sponsor, been here forever helping out and he even comes and hangs with us at meets. Been using his stands since '06.

Redline stands :laugh: almost forgot

+1 on Redline.
My friend has one of their wheel balancers, and the design and quality are excellent.

I decided to go with the T-Rex regular front and rear stand. For $140 shipped with the spools included it seemed like a fair deal. I figure I save $50 right from the start since I can now bring my wheels into the shop to get my tires changed. My CR250 I can lift with anything. The Hayabusa no so much.

I like the look of the Bursig! If i didn't have these nice Pit Bull stands.. i'd get one of those. I do like my pit bulls.

This is actually an Envy. Comes out of the UK. Also comes with the wheels. Worked out to $491 shipped to my door. Couple hun cheaper than the Bursig. Same quality.

Well I got my T-Rex stands and got my bike off the ground for the first time since I bought it and had it in the back of my little truck for the ride home. Its amazing how easy a 550 pound bike can be lifted off the ground. The stands while maybe not top of the line do the job very well. Stuff can get done now that could not get done before. I am happy.

Back