Standard stepped Hindle vs Brock's BDE.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
This came up with a local about a regular Hindle step system being different than the BDE step system.

I think the difference is the sticker, of course i haven't cut open either muffler to check for difference's, but from the sound,looks(other than BDE's glow systems) and performance they seem identical to me.

Is there a difference?

Yeah! Is there? I love my BDE. Made way more HP than the Akropovic Race system I had on a month ago....

Hey Goldenchild ! Thanks for the link to Brocks website.. Very informative..

I'm not asking why Brock is better, or why they do what they do. I'm comparing the regular Hindle step system to the BDE step system for there differences. I've called BDE directly and they told me that their's is different than the one Hindle puts out. I asked them why but recieved no explanation. If they don't know, then who does? Why pay their amount,  because if the exhausts are the same i can get the same thing without the name for much cheaper.

I like BDE and their parts(i'm running their blockoff plates) and i'm not bashing them.  I'm looking for info.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131752353 -->

Have you considered the...**ahem**... possibility that BDE does not announce everything they know or do?  Aftermarket exhaust systems are a very competitive endeavor.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131757375 -->

I heard that the ID ( inside diameter) of the can is bigger than the regular stepped Hindle and the mid pipe is also different.
smile.gif

Back