Standalone ecu question

busanostra

Registered
Are there alternative for 2004 standalone ecu that will plug to the stock Hayabusa engine EFI wiring?
.....other than the expensive MOTEC

I presumed if I know how many teeth on crank and how many teeth on the cam, I will be able to buy a standalone with that kind of profile.
Anyone here knows how many teeth in the crank & cam of the 2004 busa engine?
Also what busa uses? HALL effect or Mag sensor?

Motec is the only plug n play stand alone and that is why it costs more than the competition....:whistle:

Your paying more 4 convenience, more for less headaches/gremlins, more for less time spent on hold with with the company.

I know on Psychobike there are guys running the Holley EFI Dominator stand alone but they are few and far in between. Many guys bought and then gave up and sold the unit because they couldn't get it to work. The thing is there is guys out there who know how but that's how they keep their lights on.....$$$. It's gonna cost 1 way or another so I'd rather go the path of least resistance and use what works 4sure and has all the kinks ironed out.

No I'm not using a Motec but if and when the time comes 4 me to do so that's the brand I'm going with. Almost every turbo build I've seen on here and other forums go with that setup. So I know it works and I know there's several places that have it down 2 a science so it'll be a quick turn around with no issues/gremlins :laugh:

u better make sure ur tuner is familiar with Motec. if not id go with what he is familiar with.

^^^ of course go with what your tuner is familiar with but from what I've seen most of the major shops/tuners are building and selling Motecs

I'm familiar with the cheap AEM....but it works good to most of my project....easy to deal mapping.
if I know how many teeth on the 2004 busa crank and how many teeth on the cam, AEM will be able to find me a standalone in their inventory with the same profile.

Its very important for me to know the rotational position and speeds, most commonly for crank- and camshaft positions and wheel speeds. The sensors come in two main varieties, magnetic and Hall. I also don't know what the 2004 using. I believed magnetic sensors have 2 wires, Hall sensors have 3 wires???

I have to buy a hayabusa book and find out the rotation count. But If someone knows...it'll be much appreciated.
If I know who uses a motec here, they can tell me the part # of the crank-cam sensor and perhaps I'll be able to figure
out the timing rotation.

thank you very much

Back