stalling issues

daisy44

Registered
Happy holidays first off to all.Now the problem,i have 08 blk/org with 19,000 miles.Never a problem what so ever the past three yrs.She is bone stock ex a yoshi slip on.Yesterday took her for a ride and as i was coming to a stop i started down shifting as i have a million times before however when i got to second gear she shut off and it said "chec" no fi light.I tried a thousand things to get her to restart but she did not want to.After about 5min i was about to call for help, and would you know it started up. turn around to head home and i had to stop a few more times and she was fine.However at the last light to home she stalls again,and did not start again.Phone was dead and was about to leave her and walk home and come back with help. And two young kids stoped ask whats wrong.One had a gsxr1000 and he laughed and said he has the same problem,but no money to have it looked at and any way he found a way to start.Take key out,turn ign switch off,put key back in and turn on wait 15 seconds now turn ign switch on and would you know it she started back up!!said my tks and headed home,now i want to find out what is causing this all of a sudden and not ignore it like the young ones.Before i get raped at the dealers hope you guys can help!!!

The plunger for the kickstand switch was a little sticky so i lubed it up and went for a ride, and she still stalled.Going to look at the tip over sensor next,however she has never been tip over so perhaps it could be faulty,TKS

I was thinking you bumped the kill switch but I'm putting my money on the kickstand switch. Check the codes.

You don't have aftermarket adjustable levers do you?

Nope on the adj levers and nope on bumping the ign switch. Thanks for the hints however! And it is showing no codes no "fi" light only "chec"

daisy44,

with the way it's stalling and after a while it will start back up, to me sounds like your coils maybe going bad. That is a common problem with them, when they get hot it will cut off. Then after it cools off it will start back up. Bad thing about it you can't have them check.

Back