Stainless steel brake lines

jumbo

Registered
I am replacing my front brake with HH pads and was also going to go stainless brake lines. Where is the best place to get the lines and is it better to go with 2 seperate lines or the cross over line.

Gpirelli parts 411 has the fronts for 79.00 and the pads for 30 a set. I dont know if that is the dual front lines or the single with a cross over. The rear is 50 www.parts411.com they are the best so far and they are in San Dimas CA. local for me.

Sweet!! Thanks for the info
smile.gif

BTW, the only Galfer ones that I have found are the dual lines, I'm not sure if they even make the single with crossover for the Busa.

Cool. Let me know, because I'm probably doing my brake lines in two weeks (next payday). Also if you do em, let me know the difference. Its a cheap mod, so I'm definitely doing it, but just wondering what the results are like.

I just ordered the brake lines and pad form parts411 today. They don't stock the parts its a mail order service. I did go to the store but they don't have much product there they said it should be about 2 day for it to come in. I paid $150 for the Lines and both sets of pads. I'll let you know if they come in on time and how their service is.

San Dimas is around a 2 hour ride from SD. You go stright up the 15 to the 210 west and it will take you into San Dimas area.

Are you going to install them yourself, or dealer? I checked with my dealer down here he wants $65 for the front. I'm definitely not doing it myself. Don't need pads yet...my bike doesn't even have 1k on it.

you can also make the line yourself. i made a rear for my buddy and will be doing mine this week. you can go to a auto speed shop that sells that kind of stuff. locally the place is automotive engineering. im going to change all the hoses for water and oil lines as well as brakes to braided stainless. if your handy and can work with ussel fittings you can save some money and do a really nice upgrade to all the hoses yourself. you can also replace all the air hoses also and it would look totally custom and you could say i did it. although its not the hardest thing to do i would suggest you make sure you know what your doing on the brake lines for the obvious reasons. if your not comfortable just buy em, it was just an idea if you wanted to do it yourself. peace bro

Back