Stainless Brake Lines

Busa04

Registered
My next mod will be front stainless brake lines, but i have heard different stories on how to do them, some people say to install the kit that mounts both brake lines at the brake handle and run them down to each caliper,others say run them like the oem lines are run, any general/professional advice? and can you give me links to the kits for my bike?

Thanks Joey

Haven't really heard much about running a single line per caliper. I ran my stainless lines in the same configuration as OEM. Works like a champ for me.

Brian

When u buy the kit check the length of each line. I first installed like the stock lines and waaaaay too much extra hanging down. Then per the advice of a board member I ran them from the top down to each caliper. You really dont want a big loop of line flopin around by your front wheel, could spell disaster!
wow.gif

I purchased the Galfer steel braided brake line kit. The kit was pretty simple to install took me just over an hour. I had to bleed the brakes about 3 times to get the handle to feel just right. I installed both lines from the master cylinder to each caliper. Works great. With the Galfer kit one of the lines was about a half inch longer then the other, I installed the longer line to the left front caliper. You will also need to make some rubber bushings to keep the lines in the stock brake line stays. I cut open some rubber hose and wrapped that around the lines then installed them into the stays. Good Luck

Full length x2, F the xover crap. That is a cheap way to save $ when it is man.
mad.gif

Back