Stage 2 turbo build

Ok, now. I'm getting more and more interested in these turbos. Tried to fight it but slowly being drawn to the dark side

Ok, now. I'm getting more and more interested in these turbos. Tried to fight it but slowly being drawn to the dark side

This is how I see it, Why buy a used gen 2 when you can just turbo your gen 1. I saw a grate deal on a used kit on one of the other forms looks like you just need a plenum and pipe to get here going.

Login

A few more pictures of the bike build, last part is on the way than Nels and his crew can button this bike up. The bike would have been done by now but I ordered a Koenig oil pan and pick up. The pictures are the wired up glowshift gauges and the side of the bike with the cut fairings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was worried about the FPR leaking fuel, so I emailed aeromotive and they wrote me within the hour what part # I needed to rebuild their kit. That was fast customer service and they also told me who I could buy the part from. The kit was only 30+ dollars and it got my fuel system back up fast.

image.jpg

be careful with the glow shift gauges. My fuel pressure gauge died in about 150 miles. (Sending unit was "soft" mounted to lessen vibration as well..)

be careful with the glow shift gauges. My fuel pressure gauge died in about 150 miles. (Sending unit was "soft" mounted to lessen vibration as well..)

Thanks for the heads up, they have been siting in my garage for a year so I bet warranty is almost up.

A couple of shots of the guys, nest to the busa. We are waiting on the oil pan to get here and she will be ready to get buttoned up and get put on the Dyno.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The rest of the bazzaz system came in today. I got the bazzaz ZFI TC new and got the addons used. Evan thou I'm getting my bike tuned, I'm still using the afm after to auto-tune for latter use. The zbum will remove all the max speed restriction. Lastly I got the controller to switch between maps while I'm on my bike, my goal is to have a race map and a dailly driver map.

Frisbee, I had to copy your swag. I have been trying to get a set of these for about a year now. All I need now is a set of CF frame covers.

Nice! Make sure you secure the frame covers really good if you get them. I had them on my 05. That was until 1 side flew off on the highway at some point ( I know, how come I didnt notice it? I really dont know..lol) it was an expensive, non practical item, but damn they look good...

Update on the build: Nels got the bike all buttoned up and once he got it on the Dyno, turbo leaked oil from the seals. Could have been my fault for leting the used kit sit up for over a year after I paid for it, or my fault for buying a used kit. So far on the kit I have had the lines refabed, FPR rebuilt, header wielded added new injectors and got rid of the old electronics. I guess what can go wrong will go wrong. Hope. My wife don't kill me.

I would like to say thanks to the tiger racing family for sending me this front fender. I love the looks of it and can't wait to put it on my busa.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back