Stage 1 Turbo on a Low Mile 05 Busa

Leatherneck

Registered
I'm thinking about putting a turbo on my busa and I've been looking at the RCC turbos and Its definitely looking like a real possibility for me. My 05 is relatively new with only 1470 miles and ive got a variety of mods to include power commander III/USB and Full Yoshi pipes. If I end up buying a turbo kit are there any other things that are absolutely necessary to get as far as Engine Internals? I know theres alot of things that would be good to have but seeing as how its still relatively new and I dont plan on setting it higher than 5-6 lbs is it neccesary?

Any input would be appreciated - thanks :beerchug:

You can install your RCC stage one on a completely stock motor. The most important thing would be that it is properly mapped and set up. If you are only going to run 5-6 pounds of boost, you will be fine. I would recommend that you at least do some good clutch springs and a high output oil pump gear.

1470 miles..... damn, my 05 has 10X that many...

Also putting a turbo on my bike thanks to RCC and Frank at Powerhouse...

Sounds good, Uncle Sam is sending me over to Japan for the next three years so I'll be saving up for the turbo kit as well as everything else. Have to keep the bike at home though :( Taught my father in-law how to start it up every so often haha

Back