Stable expanding: Fastest sportbike & slowest sportbike!

bazooki

Registered
I might be making a deal this weekend to pick up a 2009 Honda CBR125R to add to the stable. I have got two boys 13 & 14 and the older one is interested in racing and track days so after watching the race series this past weekend at Calabogie I figured this would be an ideal starting point. It's likely I'm gonna trade the 96 Gixxer in on it so this kind of solves two issues at once. Next step would be heading out to the nearest parking lot and teaching them how to use a clutch as their riding experience is clutchless dirt bikes through the Junior Red Rider program. This whole thing sounds like a hoot but first we have to close a deal....

cbr125r.jpg

Right on dad:bowdown: sound like a great plan. Your boys should be very proud to have a dad that'll put them on the right track with the right equip.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm kinda looking forward to swinging a leg over it myself....I haven't been on an underpowered bike for quite a long time and as the old saying goes "its more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow!"

We'll see about that.:whistle:

sweet deal. my first bike was a 1975 Honda mr250 Elsinore wich eventually became the cr 250

6e0f_1.JPG

:rofl: wow an amazing 8" of travel huh? :laugh: you are old....

LOL....I've got that much travel on my downhill mtn bike! Actually the first "big" bike I ever rode was an old XL125...it was a lot bigger than the Z50 I lost my virginity on!

Way to go Dad !!! Prety soon you'll be puting up video like the thread that was around a little while ago, with that little kid on a small bike (I think it was a 125 also) passing all the grown ups on bigger bikes.

I might be making a deal this weekend to pick up a 2009 Honda CBR125R to add to the stable. I have got two boys 13 & 14 and the older one is interested in racing and track days so after watching the race series this past weekend at Calabogie I figured this would be an ideal starting point. It's likely I'm gonna trade the 96 Gixxer in on it so this kind of solves two issues at once. Next step would be heading out to the nearest parking lot and teaching them how to use a clutch as their riding experience is clutchless dirt bikes through the Junior Red Rider program. This whole thing sounds like a hoot but first we have to close a deal....

way to go! thanks Dad! Where did you find the bike? I looked for the small track bikes a few times on Honda Powersports - Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, Watercraft I just looked again and searched the site... no luck but now I want a ST1300 :banghead:

sweet deal. my first bike was a 1975 Honda mr250 Elsinore wich eventually became the cr 250

Dude! That looks just like my first bike. Never figured you to be an antique like me!

And that was NOT a slow bike in it's day. That was hard core!

Back