!st Ride After Rebuilt Forks

SSGT_B

Registered
The wife sent my forks out to Racetech to have them sprung and gold valves for my weight. Got it all back, set the sag and got the ride height where I want it. Went for a short 54mile ride through a few twisties and uneven roads. VERY much improved. I have no steering stabilizer on it currently as the stock unit is shot. Have to save up this winter to get me a GPR unit as well as a PCV and then out to Powerhouse next summer for a tune. Then of course all the other mods I have not mentioned to the wife yet....LOL. Heres a pic from the ride today. Nothing fancy but 54 degrees and little to no other cars on the road.

IMG_1343.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

i just had my forks rebuilt and polished, how do i get them in without scratching them? its a tight fit
I’ve done them 2 ways, 1st is to ever so slightly wedge the split open a fraction with a screwdriver to help them in. Another way was to use a silicone spray lube and a rubber mallet to nudge them in. I cleaned out the lube with electric parts cleaner afterwards. Both options are probably not ideal nor recommend, but they worked for me and didn’t scratch or stain.

Back