St. Maarten and Motorcycles

Busashot

Registered
Well I am hanging out here in St. Maarten. 2nd day here and I can't believe anyone could own a Hayabusa here let alone the few 600s here. Saw 2 of them, one Gen I and one Gen II. I have yet to find a road where you can go more than 50mph so I am a little confused why anyone would ever want a 1300cc bike and never get out of 2nd gear...... ???

Well have another 8 days of vacay so we will say chow for now. :beerchug:

How about a few pictures - As I sure many of us have never been there.

No roads over 50 mph limit?

Tiny island, colonial paved and cobblestone roads skinnier than a woods trail yet two way.
You wouldn't want to drive faster than 50 on them anyway. Place is scooter heaven.,

Yea we spent today at the beach and ocean today but we will go out and about this week to get more pics.

Here are some from the other day.

We are staying on the dutch side so these are at Simpson Bay and Philipsburg.

DSC05229_zps32c961ea.jpg

DSC05215_zpse231921b.jpg

DSC05214_zps5939f57d.jpg

DSC05222_zps750e3e7f.jpg

DSC05250_zps96f67ad8.jpg

DSC05251_zpsca34c157.jpg

DSC05232_zps3825ea97.jpg

DSC05235_zps51aa00f7.jpg

DSC05240_zps217f8077.jpg

DSC05239_zps1733e3e9.jpg

We flew. From NM to Chicago to Newark then to St. Maarten. Temps are pretty much mid 80s all the time. Right now at 9:30pm it is 77'.

Well I stand corrected. There is one stretch of road where you could reach 150mph but be on the brakes super hard assuming no traffic. I saw 2 more Busas. 2 Gen Is and 2 Gen IIs. Saw a 2002 ZX12R but so far no ZX14s.

go from mullet bay to the french side roads arent bad, if you are staying in simpson bay try the stone restaurant if you havent done so already, its pretty good.

Well I stand corrected. There is one stretch of road where you could reach 150mph but be on the brakes super hard assuming no traffic. I saw 2 more Busas. 2 Gen Is and 2 Gen IIs. Saw a 2002 ZX12R but so far no ZX14s.

Boy I hope you can get a picture of one (or More) of those Busa's there.

Not that I don't believe you just that it would nice to see one on that island. :laugh:

And since a picture is worth a thousand words......:whistle:

go from mullet bay to the french side roads arent bad, if you are staying in simpson bay try the stone restaurant if you havent done so already, its pretty good.

Yes we are in Simpson Bay staying at the Atrium. We will look for it.

Boy I hope you can get a picture of one (or More) of those Busa's there.

Not that I don't believe you just that it would nice to see one on that island. :laugh:

And since a picture is worth a thousand words......:whistle:

Yea everytime my wife has the camera she misses it. Not on the ball that woman! We will try indeed.

Yea everytime my wife has the camera she misses it. Not on the ball that woman! We will try indeed.

Tell your wife to use the camera on her phone and you will take the better camera
so you get a picture of a Busa since you can spot one from far away because your a guy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well. We didn't get a chance to snap pics of any of the Busas we saw. Every time we saw one we couldn't get the camera out soon enough or we didn't have it on us. Oh well. We saw a total of 7 Hayabusas. 2 Gen Is and 5 Gen IIs. The last one was a white one that almost wiped out coming out of driveway and going squirley after snapping the throttle hard....showing off and all.

It's our last night so off the find another good restaurant to eat at. All of the food we have had has been most excellent so far. Cheers!

Back