St. John, U.S Virgin Islands

The Tekken

Banned
So I am on my summer holiday with the family on St. John right now, and I am at the supermarket (there's only one) and outside is parked the most beautiful tricked out black and chrome Busa. Not my cup o' tea because it's stretched and lowered, but a LOT of work and money went into this thing. Well, the island is only 9 miles long and 3 miles wide. The roads are tiny, badly paved, and you literally can't go more than 30 yards without hitting another hairpin bend and there's a bloody good chance there'll be a wild donkey or herd of goats in the road half way round any of them. I doubt this bike's been over 30mph, certainly there is nowhere you can get over 20mph in a car. If I see it again I'll snap a picture of it, but meanwhile I have to ask: Huh?

I saw that bike in May of last year parked on the airport grounds-figured he played on the landing strip as it's the only road you'd ever get out of 1st gear on down there.

I saw that bike in May of last year parked on the airport grounds-figured he played on the landing strip as it's the only road you'd ever get out of 1st gear on down there.

That'd make sense I suppose, but man, what a waste! This is a beautiful island to be sure, but no place for a motorcycle.

The Black busa is Rickey's bike... He lives in St.Thomas tho(15mins by boat).. If ur in St.Croix, which is the biggest of the 3 islands, come by the race track on the weekend!!!! It's 2 mins from the airport and 1 from the Horse track!!!:beerchug:

:snap: it's all Russel's fault!

Got alot on my plate these days. But anyway yes we need pics.
Didn't you read the :rulez:?
I quote: 'No member shall take vacation without posting many pics'
:laugh:

I lived in St John for almost two years! It's a great island. While you're there, I need you to do two things.

1. Go to larry's landing in Cruz Bay, near where you got off the ferry. Mix your own drinks, have one for me.

2. While you're there, there's a good chance you'll see a guy in a ****ty t-shirt, a full beard and most likely a bandana. His name is Mike. He may be grilling burgers. Tell him that Ben said "Hey, scunt buddy!" he'll probably show you the cool places

Have fun man!

Also, I'm pretty sure I know the bike. They do 1/8 mile drags in coral bay. Dangerous and stupid.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know the bike. They do 1/8 mile drags in coral bay. Dangerous and stupid.

Ah, that explains a lot. Our villa overlooks Coral Bay (I will post pics on Thursday cos I left the camera cable at home) and we can hear the engines screaming now and again during the day. Where the bloody hell do they race though Hectic? I haven't seen a stretch of straight road over 50 yards here. Double rainbow over the bay today...possibly the most beautiful thing I have seen. Got a pic and will share it with everyone later this week. Went into Cruz Bay today and saw another Busa...bright white generation I. :thumbsup:

From what I remember, they do it right on the water. Take a right off centerline rd before you get to island blues. By the domino station (the only gas station on that side of the island.)

It's bumpy. I considered picking up a KTM 690SMC while I was down there, but thought better of it what with all the goats, donkeys and rocks.

From what I remember, they do it right on the water. Take a right off centerline rd before you get to island blues. By the domino station (the only gas station on that side of the island.)

It's bumpy. I considered picking up a KTM 690SMC while I was down there, but thought better of it what with all the goats, donkeys and rocks.
Ah, I know it...that gas station is closed now, but still there. Yeah, those blokes must be insane to race on that road. Have eaten a couple of times at Aqua Bistro there...great food!

Skinny Legs has the best burgers down there. The surly cantina is really good, too, if they're still around.

Avoid the fancy Mexican place across from beach bar at all costs.

Skinny Legs has the best burgers down there. The surly cantina is really good, too, if they're still around.

Avoid the fancy Mexican place across from beach bar at all costs.

Sound advice Hectic, cheers. Living in Texas, we almost always avoid Mexican food everywhere but the southwest. One more full day then back home on Wednesday afternoon. Sailing and snorkeling expedition...what a miserable life!

Back