SS lines

chinto

Registered
Just getting ready to order some Stainless steel brake lines for my 01. I also just added Doyle's 1" risers (I know, I know Doyle, I'll post pics soon
laugh.gif
).

The stock length lines obviosly work, but should I order them a bit longer than stock?

I say no, others say yes.
dunno.gif

I guess it all depends on weather or not your going to lower it or leave it at stock ride height..

My lines are stock length steal braided BUT my bike is lowered 1".. I did run it at stock height for quite awhile with no problems though..

I'm sure others will chime in with there comments..
thumb_up.gif

I have 3/4" risers with helibars and the stock replacement lines are NOT long enough with the front suspension fully extended... Melissa at Cyclebrakes is replacing my lines I got because of this issue...

WHAT EVER YOU DO... make sure you check for line bind with the front suspension fully extended. You must be able to move the line around with the front forks fully extended.. if they are tight at all you will end up in big trouble..

Mine were the "stock" Galfer lines running Helibars and a 3/4 riser The lines are .750" to short..

3/4 riser and heli-bars I ordered lines 1 1/2 in longer.Bike is lowered the 3/4 but if I raise it back up I wanted to make sure it was enough.Ordered them from Charles and just ask for 1 1/2 over stock length on the dual lines and thats how he sent them.

Back