SS brake lines

nddragon01

Registered
Hey everyone. First off, how is everyone's riding season been thus far?

I've read a lot of the posted threads on SS brake lines and the different lengths used for bikes that have had handlebar risers added. Not knowing if this applies to my situation or not (more because I guess I'm not familiar with the terminology), I figured I'd post up and see. I've had the bike lowered 1" front and rear, using the dog bones in back and triple tree spacers up front. Am I going to need longer/shorter stainless steel lines due to this lowering? Also, does HEL make the conversion kit for running two lines from the master cylinder instead of the two-into-one setup that the stock bike has? I'd like to go with HEL since they have color-coated lines and banjo bolts, unless someone knows of another company that has the conversion kit and colored lines/bolts.

Thanks everyone!

I have HEL lines and just used standard length lines when I was running my bike lowered. I added a bar riser so I added 2" in length so account for this. You won't notice a need for anything less than standard length just running 1" lower. If you think you will ever use heli bars or a riser I would go with 2" longer clutch and front brake lines.

I can sell you Speigler lines,feel they are the best there are to be had for a bike..

Back