Squid? What's your definition?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
SQUID!

Everyone has used this term "Squid" but nobody wants to be called one. So what is your definition of a Squid?

Mine would be something like this: A combination of inexperience, overconfidence and is typically identified by a clear lack of adequate riding gear.

SQUID!

Everyone has used this term "Squid" but nobody wants to be called one. So what is your definition of a Squid?

Mine would be something like this: A combination of inexperience, overconfidence and is typically identified by a clear lack of adequate riding gear.

The above, combined with riding on the street in a reckless manner....

I apply it to anyone I want to make a derogatory remark about. :laugh:

Generally young a stupid in 1 way or another.

SQUID!

I can't believe there is something I agree with Tuff about!

Where a SQUID can be spotted: on city streets during rush hour, wheeling and swerving through traffic then doing burnouts at stop lights while wearing nothing more than a tank top, sandals and shorts. Usually are seen riding on a 600 super sport with in-transits on it.

Someone that doesn't care about those around them, won't follow any rules or wearing gear to save their skin...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

A pic (or in this case, vid) is worth a thousand words..wait for it, you know what's coming:

Last edited by a moderator:
SQUID to me is any of the following:

1. Riding with a lack of proper riding gear (t-shirt/shirtless/sandles/tennis shoes...no gloves...etc...etc..)

2. Poor riding technique and or wreckless riding in order to show off all while using poor technique. (ie straighline FAST and weaving in and out of traffic...then parking it in turns aka riding like a douche bag)

A "young" imature motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

Back