Squid ride

diesel

Registered
My friend invited me to ride with him and 3 other guys we've never rode with before today. They had a gixxr1k, r1, and a zx10. They started off with the usual burnouts in the gas station parking lots, wheelie-ing and racing in heavy traffic. Then we hit the twisties. I'm following these racebikes on "their " roads I'm unfamiliar with and hanging right on their ass the whole time. R1 guy keeps looking back at me to see if they lost me yet (no mirrors of course) and I'm like "hello"! Mind you Me and my friend are riding perfect lines while they are taking up the oncoming lane in every curve to make it. I made my point and then backed off far enough to avoid their pile-up at any minute. At the end of our ride they were like "we thought you guys could ride."

I'm like you call that riding? Good luck to all of you.I hope they all lose their license before something worse happens. I doubt they will make it another 6 months like that.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if they will have a short life span. That is really too bad!

IMO-most squids are too lucky for their own good, and DONT lose their lic, or if they do, they somehow manage to keep ridn without getn pulled anymore for a while...and I'll bet they probly wont get killed, but they WILL end up wrapping all that pretty plastic around a tree somewhere (hopefully not someone's car). You shoulda tried tellin'em what the difference is between ridn and bein an azzhat on a bike-they obviously dont know the difference.

Sounds just like the type of group I stay away from.

Never know when you'll be a victim of thier antics...

Yeah, anybody who needs to use the opposite lane to make a turn can't ride worth a crap! They probably acted the way they did because you have a Busa... feeling inferior.

IMO-most squids are too lucky for their own good, and DONT lose their lic, or if they do, they somehow manage to keep ridn without getn pulled anymore for a while...and I'll bet they probly wont get killed, but they WILL end up wrapping all that pretty plastic around a tree somewhere (hopefully not someone's car). You shoulda tried tellin'em what the difference is between ridn and bein an azzhat on a bike-they obviously dont know the difference.
Personally...real good guys to hang with, but no more rides, thanx.I wish I could talk some sense into them but you try telling a 20 something kid anything.....

I ride pretty fast but I like to think I'm in control, keeping my lane and not riding my brakes thru every corner. Also riding in a pack doing 100+ within 6 inches from your buddies is not cool on the street.

ya that cross'in over the line thing will be the death of them if they cant hold their line there out of control and riding beyond their skill level

That is why I am not a fan of riding with people I don't know at all. I have like 3 or 4 people that I am really comfortable to ride with and thats about it. I find that most of the time when i have taken off with a few people I didn't know it is almost like a contest to see who can act like the biggest azz clown. I mean if its not them attracting a bunch of uneeded popo attention its them doing stuff that you know sooner or later they are gonna wreck and take you down to. I stick with my usual formation riders. lol

Darwin coined the phrase "Natural Selection" need I say more?
sad.gif

ya   that cross'in over the line thing will be the death of them    if they cant hold their line there out of control and riding beyond their skill level
No doubt try crossing the yellow line at the Gap that would be a short ride.

I saw a clip of a couple Harleys doing that, and it WAS a short ride-into a deep ditch...
biggrin.gif

My friend invited me to ride with him and 3 other guys we've never rode with before today.  They had a gixxr1k, r1, and a zx10. They started off with the usual burnouts in the gas station parking lots, wheelie-ing  and racing in heavy traffic. Then we hit the twisties. I'm following these racebikes on "their " roads I'm unfamiliar with and hanging right on their ass the whole time. R1 guy keeps looking back at me to see if they lost me yet (no mirrors of course) and I'm like "hello"! Mind you Me and my friend are riding perfect lines while they are taking up the oncoming lane in every curve to make it. I made my point and then backed off far enough to avoid their pile-up at any minute. At the end of our ride they were like "we thought you guys could ride."

I'm like you call that riding? Good luck to all of you.I hope they all lose their license before something worse happens. I doubt they will make it another 6 months like that.
I was on a squid ride simular to that a couple months back...buncha liter RR's and a couple 600's..750's...about 9 of us total including two other members from this board...with one wise@$$ showboat on a 10R and i was right on his azz...right up until about the 3rd 120+mph sweeper where at the end (right at the corner exit mind you) of it he'd crush his brakes to roll it down to 50-60mph so he could pull yet another of dozens of stand-up wheelies in the 20-30 minutes of riding we got in after leaving the breakfast restaurant..so...imagine that...i'm full sideways going through a sweeper at a buck 20 with 7-8 others right behyind me and the lead 10R is crushing his brakes at the end of every sweeper...just where i (and 7-8 others behind me) are looking to "Nail It"...we took our first rest stop about 60 miles west of where we started and i told Ride_Or_Fish that if i drop off the back don't worry about me..i'm headed home.

I dropped off the back....Ride_Or_Fish did the same a bit further up the road annnd...

Dakkine called me about 2:00pm that afternoon to let me know that one of the guys on a cbr600rr was medivac'ed to intensive care in critical condition.

I don't do...."Calimari"...as i'm a "where's the beef" kinda guy.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(busa_boy_69 @ Sep. 02 2006,20:01) That is why I am not a fan of riding with people I don't know at all. I have like 3 or 4 people that I am really comfortable to ride with and thats about it. I find that most of the time when i have taken off with a few people I didn't know it is almost like a contest to see who can act like the biggest azz clown. I mean if its not them attracting a bunch of uneeded popo attention its them doing stuff that you know sooner or later they are gonna wreck and take you down to. I stick with my usual formation riders. lol
+1.....You got that right!

(busa_boy_69 @ Sep. 02 2006,17:01) That is why I am not a fan of riding with people I don't know at all. I have like 3 or 4 people that I am really comfortable to ride with and thats about it. I find that most of the time when i have taken off with a few people I didn't know it is almost like a contest to see who can act like the biggest azz clown. I mean if its not them attracting a bunch of uneeded popo attention its them doing stuff that you know sooner or later they are gonna wreck and take you down to. I stick with my usual formation riders. lol
Same for me although at every busa gathering I have been to, I'm very comfortable riding with people I have never rode with. I think it's because we ride one of the fastest bikes sold and we have nothing to prove or fear from any other bike. Also, hopefully most busa owners have alot of experience riding before moving up to their bike.

Squids fall into only 2 categories; those that have crashed, and those that will. Sounds like you will more than likely out live them. (Note my caption below.)

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 02 2006,17:28) Yeah, anybody who needs to use the opposite lane to make a turn can't ride worth a crap! They probably acted the way they did because you have a Busa... feeling inferior.
Either that or just suffering from a small Avatar..
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

Back