Squid Heaven...makes me wanna quit riding

The riders have skills... undeniable. But I think being a true 'squid' is all an attitude thing and a choice. A rider with great skill can choose whether or not to be a squid on the road. I actually wish I had some squidly skills, but I don't...

And I'll be honest... if I could pull off long wheelies or stoppies, I'd be doing that crap all the time.

One thing I'd never do is endanger the lives of others on the road. I don't have the right. No one does.

It's a reason why I don't consider wearing shorts, a t-shirt, etc. while riding a reason to call someone a squid. It's HOW you ride that makes you a squid... not what you choose to ride in.

If you ride in a t-shirt and ride safely, you're not a squid.

If you ride fully geared and do wheelies between traffic and ride 2x the posted limit in traffic and pass on double yellow lines... you are a squid.

It's how you ride. Not about what you wear.

Just my opinion...

But here's one of my favorite biker videos... and it might be a repost. Who knows.... but it's still my favorite one to watch and hear:

Last edited by a moderator:
yep Pan....had to blow the dust off that video. It is one of my favorites also though.

I wasn't calling anyone a squid because of their lack of gear either. It was for the unsafe manner that they were riding.

(300Busa @ Nov. 11 2006,02:35) yep Pan....had to blow the dust off that video. It is one of my favorites also though.

I wasn't calling anyone a squid because of their lack of gear either. It was for the unsafe manner that they were riding.
Cool! We agree on something! I actually AM FOR SAFE RIDING but so many asswipes out there are not.....

But... I admit that I do NOT always wear the proper gear when riding............. and if/when I ride the socal ride in the next week.... I will NOT use a full gear outfit!!!!

Why? Well...... I don't have one. Tha'ts a start! Second, I only have a pair of jeans to wear... and just a JoeRocket Jacket with some summer Joe Rocket gloves.... so......... I'll be using jeans for legs, Jordan shoes for shoes, mesh rockets for jacket and gloves, blablablablabla........... that's me.... if they do not want me on the southern california ride just because i do not have the right gear........ then **** i!!!!!!!!!! i will not ******* go!!!!!!!!!
i want to, though... but if NOT...**** it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ultimate squid video...Yes I know this a repost! But I like it anyway.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search....9f6.htm

all_coholic.gif
lurk.gif

Ha Ha, The guy in the elevator with his bike and full gear on, and then the 4 guys on the small bike at 2:56 made me laugh so hard it's not funny.

they definately fit the title "mad riders". major skills w/ minimal sense. great vid. and ramstein was perfect for the backround jams, but they should of thrown in my personal fav. "slipknot spit it out" .

Back