Squid Bikers..NO GEAR NO RESPECT!?!?

My initial thoughts are...without my sound turned on that's an awful long video to watch/skim through just watching the road over the wind screen. LoL. Maybe I missed a few things hitting fast forward...

the odd day we get temps above 22/23c during the summer I see lots of rider out in street clothing...the sort of stuff you wear to the shops or drive in etc.
I've also seen what they look like after a low speed slide..not pretty but its their health they want to risk.
Even the best riders in the best gear get hurt or worse...just depends how many parts your in I guess if you have a big incident.
Personally i'm never out in anything less protective than kevlar jeans or similar textiles and always have a back protector on...that my choice and I'd hate anyone official to call to the door to tell the wife of an incident and be told my injuries could have been avoided had I worn armoured kit

What I wear? On the Busa, full gear all the time. My cruiser? Depends on weather, length of ride, and temp. What others wear? Don't give a fukc. Let other do wtf they want. This society is getting way too concerned with what others are doing.
But I do agree with the zero respect when ungeared. I just don't think anyone should be able to tell anyone else how to think, or dress!
Troy

the odd day we get temps above 22/23c during the summer I see lots of rider out in street clothing...the sort of stuff you wear to the shops or drive in etc.
I've also seen what they look like after a low speed slide..not pretty but its their health they want to risk.
Even the best riders in the best gear get hurt or worse...just depends how many parts your in I guess if you have a big incident.
Personally i'm never out in anything less protective than kevlar jeans or similar textiles and always have a back protector on...that my choice and I'd hate anyone official to call to the door to tell the wife of an incident and be told my injuries could have been avoided had I worn armoured kit

Yeah im always wearing something on! I see some guys with shorts tshirt and no helmet...im like man thats crazy but hey..

What I wear? On the Busa, full gear all the time. My cruiser? Depends on weather, length of ride, and temp. What others wear? Don't give a fukc. Let other do wtf they want. This society is getting way too concerned with what others are doing.
But I do agree with the zero respect when ungeared. I just don't think anyone should be able to tell anyone else how to think, or dress!
Troy

What about old guys in spandex?

That's what I wear
167mixi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand the gear Nazis,wear whatever you feel comfortable in and if you earn a scar or two no biggie.:laugh:

4 weeks in traction, 5 surgeries, 8 months on crutches, weeks of therapy and a right leg filled with metal you would think I learned a thing or two. But no I didn't I just some old fart today on his Street Glide wearing a tank top, shorts and a crocs and I was like "I mone be like dat someday"!!!! lol

:laugh: In my first 30 years of riding I never even knew of anyone's gear consisting of more than a leather jacket(no helmets),I thought all that fancy stuff was just for racetracks(until I moved to CA,where every curved road is evidently considered a racetrack).:laugh:

Well being beachside you get used to seeing flipflops, a wife beater, and a stupid look on their face as "gear" ...But yesterday was a new one. A ducati I think, sporting a full face helmet..but just enough on the head to see completely under the helmet.:rofl:

I hope this is not something that catches on for god sakes. Not a gear nazi..but I do reserve the right to stop when they wreck and laugh directly in their face or whats left of their face :laugh:

Well being beachside you get used to seeing flipflops, a wife beater, and a stupid look on their face as "gear" ...But yesterday was a new one. A ducati I think, sporting a full face helmet..but just enough on the head to see completely under the helmet.:rofl:

I hope this is not something that catches on for god sakes. Not a gear nazi..but I do reserve the right to stop when they wreck and laugh directly in their face or whats left of their face :laugh:

You do see a lot of minimal attire around the beach,but they're attaining about the same speeds as a bicycle.:laugh:I'm a firm believer in a good helmet and long pants(and no flip flops:laugh:),other than that I don't care what anyone else wears.Their ass,their problem.

honestly i see these threads come and go often...I used to be a gear nazi and i used to be a squid too. I have found they deserve respect both parties that is. If they are a squid, treat them like a biker and try to be a good influence and get some gear on them. It doesnt do any good at all to creat a divide. Once you have done that forget convincing them of anything.

Back