Squeezing every pony out of her that I can

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Raptor made 312.77 hp this week on Lee's dyno. Previous best before Lee's tune was 287 hp.

Stage one RCC, pump gas, 12 lbs boost, intercooler.

312hp.jpg

That is the most I've ever seen out of a stage 1. I'm use to seeing 235 to 250 on pump gas brother.

What's the ballpark cost of a dyno tune at Lee's? Basic starting price?
I assume a turbo bike is going to cost more than a basic bolt on bike too.
Lee's is where I plan to take mine once I can afford the exhaust I want.
B-King with ecu editor and full Busa exhaust, should be an easy one for him.
I was guesstimating $400 should do it, plus gas to trailer it for an 8 hr round trip.
Thanks

What's the ballpark cost of a dyno tune at Lee's? Basic starting price?
I assume a turbo bike is going to cost more than a basic bolt on bike too.
Lee's is where I plan to take mine once I can afford the exhaust I want.
B-King with ecu editor and full Busa exhaust, should be an easy one for him.
I was guesstimating $400 should do it, plus gas to trailer it for an 8 hr round trip.
Thanks

All good questions indeed. I suggest you call Lee. I don't want to speak for him, and I only know what he charged me, but I'd rather not post that up here. Hope you understand.

I suggest you make it an over night trip and stay in Mooresville, NC. There are some cool NASCAR museums there, and it's only 20 minutes north of Lee's shop.

P.

All good questions indeed. I suggest you call Lee. I don't want to speak for him, and I only know what he charged me, but I'd rather not post that up here. Hope you understand.

I suggest you make it an over night trip and stay in Mooresville, NC. There are some cool NASCAR museums there, and it's only 20 minutes north of Lee's shop.

P.

Thanks

Something is odd? Why does it only rev to a little over 8,000RPM?

That's some pretty strong torque for 12psi of boost? ???

Something is odd? Why does it only rev to a little over 8,000RPM?

That's some pretty strong torque for 12psi of boost? ???

We are having issues with the injectors. Just sent them to MPS for a full ultrasonic clean and tune. Should be better after that. Lesson learned, don't let her sit too long without riding it and opening it up.

P.

We are having issues with the injectors. Just sent them to MPS for a full ultrasonic clean and tune. Should be better after that. Lesson learned, don't let her sit too long without riding it and opening it up.

P.

Even then, it won't make that power/torque at that RPM or band or PSI at only 8k....something is not right with the graph or maybe not even the correct graph all together...

those numbers do seem quite high. especially the TQ numbers. which turbo is it? ur gonna pick up about 8-10 hp per lb. of boost so if u were running 18 lbs that wud be aother 50-60 hp. thats not likely with a GT28 or 30. maybe it spiked.

but at 8k rpm and 232 foot lbs. of torque something is off. the dyno is just tuning anyway. either way it will make far more power on the street or track anyway then in the dyno room. seen quite a turbo cars melt after a safe tune on the dyno and then makn passes at the track. more load.

wat do u have for internals?

Yeah, this was just a tune-run on the dyno. Thought you would get a kick out of the hp. I know it's not real. I wasn't there when it was ran. Not sure how it was handled. I still have to swap out the injectors with the set I am getting from MPS, then another trip to the dyno for some real numbers. Probably won't make more than 260-270 true hp.

Stock internals btw. Head is spaced though.

I was thinking about converting the full exhaust to a dump pipe, but I can't find just the bolt-on dump pipe for sale. Any thoughts on where to get one? It's an RCC stage one kit, about six years old. Dennis (Motor Head) built it.

Thanks.

P.

Back