Squeeling rear brakes

csffd127

Registered
??? Just put on some new EBC pads on the rear, took it out for the bed in and the next day everytime i stop it squeels like crazy. Help:please:

Don't use the rear break! It will just get you in trouble, unless coming to a stop on a gravel surface.

Sorry i dont ride that way, for the past 14 years I have always used the 70%front and 30% rear when braking.

There was a member that just did the same thing and left out a spring. Did you get it all back together correctly?

Brake pad grease from an auto parts store, or even anti seize. Put a small amount on the back sides of the pads where they contact the pistons. Clean that surface first, as well as the pad side with brake clean. That should help, and as TwoTone said, double check it's together correctly.

ive always used hh pads...until my last brake change. decided to try the ebc, and i'll never use em again. i get the brake noise bad, nothing like before. i'll stay with hh from now on.

Since you dont use the rear brake "hard" like you do the front it tends to glaze over easily and squeal very loudly.

Take the pads out, scuff them up with sandpaper, scuff the rotors up, and then go out and drag the rear brake as you are riding to heat cycle them and seat them in.

Then due to only using the rear lightly eventually you will need to repeat the process as they will glaze back over. At least this is what I have found with mine.

??? Just put on some new EBC pads on the rear, took it out for the bed in and the next day everytime i stop it squeels like crazy. Help:please:

I had the same issue years ago on an '06. I went with Galfer HH pads for the rear and the noise went away. Tried blowing brake dust out several times, etc. , etc. Good luck

Hey thank you guys for all the help, i talked to the shop where I got the pads from and they told me they gave me the wrong pads. something about them being centered? and the ones i need are non centered. Told me to bring the bike in they would order the right pads and install them for free!!:super:

Hey thank you guys for all the help, i talked to the shop where I got the pads from and they told me they gave me the wrong pads. something about them being centered? and the ones i need are non centered. Told me to bring the bike in they would order the right pads and install them for free!!:super:

Sintered, it's the pad material.

Back