Squeaking sound!!!!!

Htown Busa

Registered
I was riding yesterday and everything was great. I mean, the Texans had won, My fantasy team did great, I was able to ride, all around great day. I rode about 10 miles to my brother in laws house and parked for about 45 minutes. When I left his house, I noticed that my bike was squeaking. It would not swueak when it was idling, only when I was moving, and not all the time while I was moving.

I don't know if it makes a difference but the outside temperature (not the bike) had dropped at least 10 degrees. I have a 240 fat tire kit. Any suggestions on what the squeaking could be. I was thinking something needed to be tightened or lubed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brakes will squeak. We use to call them chirpers. Let's you know you need pads. Anyway; if you have stands you can track the squeak down. Front or rear or both. Sometimes blowing the brake dust out helps if you have plenty o pad left. Hoping it's not bearings ........

i'll put my money on the brakes...had the same issue on mine. strangely enough, the pads were not worn down that far. my mechanic friend told me that sometimes a brake particle or other 'stuff' gets caught in there and just makes the sound....and it was BAAAAAAAD sounding but eventually went away. like i said, the brakes were nowhere near worn down...give yours a look-see...good luck

I hope it is not the brakes. I only have 2500 miles on it. I wish I had more miles but the kids keep me very busy. (Kids on Sat. and Football on Sunday). Do you think some of that cold air spray would help, the kind you use on your computer keyboard).

i'll put my money on the brakes...had the same issue on mine. strangely enough, the pads were not worn down that far. my mechanic friend told me that sometimes a brake particle or other 'stuff' gets caught in there and just makes the sound....and it was BAAAAAAAD sounding but eventually went away. like i said, the brakes were nowhere near worn down...give yours a look-see...good luck

It was awful. I went home because of the sound.

My old GSXR 600 was squeaking. Found out the chain was too tight. Easy fix. Brakes aren't very hard to do and they don't cost too much if thats the problem.

I found the problem. Two bolts on my rear sprocket were coming loose and they were scraping the swingarm. I have a chrome swingarm and I am pretty sure the bolts scratch some chrome off the inside of the swingarm. I have to find something to patch that up so it won't begin to rust.

I found the problem. Two bolts on my rear sprocket were coming loose and they were scraping the swingarm. I have a chrome swingarm and I am pretty sure the bolts scratch some chrome off the inside of the swingarm. I have to find something to patch that up so it won't begin to rust.

That's scary. Tighten all of them.

It mite not be your problem but .... I'll tell you a squeeking problem story !
Took my old bike out for a test ride (04 busa). Was hanging it into a corner in the dark & hit a pothole, I thought geez that was a hard hit. Got back home riding in the driveway slowly & heard squeek, squeek , squeek everytime the wheel turned. Had a good look & the pothole had dinted the rim bugga ! u mite wanna check that ??

Back