spun bearing

Nicholas

Registered
i have a 2003 busa 34kmiles and i spun a bearing i have everything taken apart and found the bearing and it clearly spun and need replacing as with the connecting rod, my question is; should i take it to a show to have them put it back together or is there nothing special about getting new bearings and putting it back together myself?i can post pics later on

i have a 2003 busa 34kmiles and i spun a bearing i have everything taken apart and found the bearing and it clearly spun and need replacing as with the connecting rod, my question is; should i take it to a show to have them put it back together or is there nothing special about getting new bearings and putting it back together myself?i can post pics later on

I am assuming you are talking about the big end rod bearing? You will prob need crank work. When it goes back together, get a plasti-gage kit. aside from that, nothing really special.

Check the crankshaft surgace where the offending bearing was - measure with a micrometer and see if it's in spec, and look for obvious signs of wear on the surface.

check for any brg material in the oil galys ex , mic it make sure its all in spec, clean no burs scratches that can be felt with finger nail ex ,, use the plasic gage to check brg clr and then in stall with oil , torque the bolts you should be good

crank brg are made for a soft metle alloy , babbitt,

if your doing one you may as well do them all , clean up the bottom end !

there are marks on the journals im pretty sure im gonna have to send it to get resurfaced, but im just not confident in me getting the right thickness bearings to go back in and everything:rulez:. cause they are suppose to be color coded but dont see no color and the one bearing was basically destroyed.... still waiting for me to remember to upload pics

Yeah check it thoroughly but think of where all those shavings went.Through the engine.If it was a car engine, probably wont hurt too much but still a good idea to have it tanked and jet washed.

Back