Spudguns

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just so ya use sched 40 pressure rated pvc...it's all good!
Pure butane is good stuff!
So is contact cleaner!
Never tried a coleman lantern igniter....hafta look into that.:p

I just love shiat that goes BOOM!

laugh.gif

Yeah lantern lighters are the way to go. 2 or 3 dollars at Wally World. I mounted my lantern lighter in the removable endcap where I spray the aquanet, then screw it back in and twist the lighter. That way the lighter doesn't have a chance to soak in the hairspray and gum up.

consistancy issues is USUALLY caused by "goo" building up on the ignitor. build a little tin shield that blocks the hairspray or whatever you use for the propellent from the back. So when you spray it in the chamber the ignitor stays clean. Did that to mine about 5 yrs ago and haven't had a problem since.

btw..... its awesome to have an apple tree in your back yard..... pretty much an endless supply of ammo all summer.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

fstbusa Posted on Oct. 30 2005,17:flamethrowing:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
consistancy issues is USUALLY caused by "goo" building up on the ignitor. build a little tin shield that blocks the hairspray or whatever you use for the propellent from the back. So when you spray it in the chamber the ignitor stays clean.

btw..... its awesome to have an apple tree in your back yard..... pretty much an endless supply of ammo all summer. [/QUOTE]

Thats a good idea, read somewhere where a little fan in the back of the chamber to mix up the air/fuel mixture helps alot too.

I've got an apple tree in my yard too...small green ones. Just the right size to fit into the barrel. Works great!!

ok since were all pyromaniacs here i have a question.am i the only person that ever wanted to gas the tank off a gas grill and put it say at the bottom of a rock quarry and shoot it with a rifle to see if itll explode?

I shot a small propane tank once with a shotgun slug...it burst because of the pressure, but no fireball. Maybe if you had a fire nearby....

I used to have a 8 foot tall one. But someone dropped it and broke the barrel off. Used spray deodorant and could shoot through the side of an orange road barrel at 40 feet.

Love 'em, I've got a bunch of them. Aquanet Extra Hold, Bruthas! Cheap, relatively safe and easy to come by. I love checking out at the grocery store with nothing more than hairspray, bags of spuds and some beverage. Funny how many clerks actually know what you're up to.

Just clean with water before you store the gun. WD 40 helps too.

Back