sprockets

hayakussa

Registered
ok, so ive gone 1 tooth down to a 16t sprocket in the front and stock in the rear, and i like the difference, but my question is that should i go up on the rear 2-3 teath? if so y? can i not just go down 1 more tooth in the front to a 15T sprocket and keep rear stock? ive heard alot of busa's running 1 down and 3 up, y? y not just go up more in the rear or more down in the front, y, both? yes im a dumb ass educate me.

The smaller you make the front sprocket in relation to the rear, the more torque you'll get, but you'll loose top end and speedometer accuracy. Don't go any smaller on the front, or you'll risk slipping the chain at high speeds. Go bigger on the back if you really need more torque. Are you planning on drag racing, or just doing wheelies? I actually went up a tooth on the front. 1st would pull hard all the way to 92mph!

yea, i dont care about top speed, i just like doing wheelies every now n then. what do you think, up 1 or 2 in the rear???

Lots of folks, including me, have gone 16/42 and it seems to work out pretty good. Some go 17/43 for the pull.

I'm loving the 16/42 setup. All thanx to da Stunnahman himself...
cool.gif

16/44 here, not reccommended for street use, but it gets my big (275lb) ass rollin in a hurry at the strip!

Back