Sprocket thingy ??

1300hemibusa

Registered
I have a 16 tooth sprocket from brocks and i tried to install it yesterday ... got down to the allen head bolt that hold the sprocket and couldn't get the thing off... Is the allen head right or left tread? What i'm i missing here guys ??Lee..

The allen bolt holds the speed sensor disc. It's held on with "Locktite". It still uses the "Lefty Loosy" approach. You may need an impact wrench to get the nut behind the speedo sensor.
beerchug.gif

Just a hint for getting those stubburn loctite bolts off. Put a torch on it for about 5-6 seconds. It should come right off with minimal effort.

I just did the same thing. i got the allen bolt off easy but the main nut that holds the sprocket on was another story

Whats better? change the front, rear, or both sprockets? And whats a good tooth count on both and why? help please:D

There's been quite a bit of discussion about this. Increasing the number of teeth on the rear has the same effect ratio wise as decreasing the front, with a ratio of approx one tooth on front = 2 teeth on the rear. I decided to go with 2up on the rear, although I haven't installed it yet. My riding revolves mostly around twisties, and the larger rear sprocket has the slight effct of "sucking" the rear wheel in, in effect reducing wheel base slightly. In theory, this should make the bike steer more quickly.

for those of us that dont have an impact wrench....run a pipe or block of wood through the wheels and have it rest on the swingarm.. place your bike in neurtal and go to town... the block/pipe keeps the wheel from turning on you. Oh yeah Thank me later
wink.gif

for those of us that dont have an impact wrench....run a pipe or block of wood through the wheels and have it rest on the swingarm.. place your bike in neurtal and go to town... the block/pipe keeps the wheel from turning on you. Oh yeah Thank me later
wink.gif
umm if your bike is in neutral your rear tire shouldn't spin....

maybe I'm missing something... its been a long day.

Ok let me type slowly if you have your bike up and your twisting on the sprocket nut the sprocket it gonna spin causing the chain to spin causing the tire to spin. By putting it in neutral youre not roughing up your clutch
smile.gif

Back