Sprocket Swap

GMKILLER5.0

Registered
I know it's probably been beaten to death like a :deadhorse: but I want to go up on the rear sprocket on my Gen I. So I am currently at 17/40. I was thinking about 17/43 or 17/44? At what point do I need to replace the chain? What are your recommendations? I use the bike basically as a cruiser, and like to have a little fun. Just looking for a little more response when I get on it.

Thanks Much!!

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
17/43 will fit on the stock chain...44 will not :thumbsup:

17/43 is a lot on fun :beerchug:

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
17/43 will fit on the stock chain...44 will not
Are you sure? I'm running 18/43, and 17/44 should take very close to the same chain length.

Regardless, try 17/43, GMKILLER5.0. It'll wake it up plenty :).

tobefast.com

Site Sponsor
Registered
ToBeFast.com can hook you up as a sponsor on the forum too;

Hayabusa Sprockets & Chains at ToBeFast.com:
Motorcycle Chains & Motorcycle Sprockets - Motorcycle Gearing - ToBeFast.com

HayaBusa Vortex Rear Sprockets:
Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Haybusa 99-07 + BKing + TL1000R + TL1000S 530 Rear Sprockets- Tobefast

ToBeFast Price Guarantee:
Tobefast.com Low Price Guarantee

Hayabusa Vortex Front Sprockets:
Vortex Racing Suzuki GSX-R + Hayabusa + SV + TL 530 Front Sprocket- Tobefast

ToBeFast.com Price Guarantee:

Hayabusa EK Chain:
EK 530 Motorcycle Chain 130 Link - Tobefast

ToBeFast Price Guarantee:

We really appreciate the business as a site sponsor and will take great care of your Busa needs.

Team McCoy Motorsports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
Sales@tobefast.com
Phone (606) 432-1556
Motorcycle Parts`Street Bike Parts`Motorcycle Helmets`Street Bike Apparel`Gear`Street Bike Performance Parts`Apparel`McCoy Motorsports`ToBeFast

garnett

Registered
the easiest sollution for what you want to do is go down 1 tooth in the front..........1 down in front = 3 up in rear!!!!:rulez:

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
17/43 on mine, also done 16/43...18/43/... 16/40
but the one i like best is 17/43

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
the easiest sollution for what you want to do is go down 1 tooth in the front..........1 down in front = 3 up in rear!!!!:rulez:
not true....and the more you change the more the ratio differs
gearingcommander.com

17/43 = 172.9 16/40= 174.9 not the same..not even close 2 mph difference @ top gear and 10,000 rpm
if u multiply it times 2 its off even more 15/40=164 17/46=161.6 2.4 mph difference @ top gear and 10,000 rpm

in the chart stock is 17/40 currant is 16/40 and custom is 17/43 for reference...vortex sprokets is what i use

gear.jpg

gear 2.jpg

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I want to go one down in front on my '09 which puts me at 17/43.
What brand is best, Vortex?
Thanks
Bubba

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
Going down on the front wears the chain out faster than going up in the rear :whistle:

GMKILLER5.0

Registered
Plus, changing the rear gets rid of the ugly stocker along with the added performance, and less chain wear, seems like, a WIN, WIN, WIN situation!!!! :moon:

eber820

Registered
I wanna make my bike pick up speed faster but not go over 130mph, im not that crazy yet, lol..i own a 07 hayabusa its stock other than the jardine exhaust..any ideas?? sprockets maybe????????

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered
I decided to go with 43 rear. It seems be the natural progression od this madness.
Posted via Mobile Device