sprocket question?

HP Junkie

Registered
quick question, ive reduced the countershaft sprocket a tooth on a few previous bikes for better low rpm response, easier wheelies,etc.. should i drop a tooth in the front ? ever since i lowered the bike she wont stand up as easy. i dont ride at top speed so dont think it will slow me down too much. also if anyone has done it to their busa how far off is the speedo?

thanks, HP

down one tooth. women dig it. highly recommended

Toothless.jpg

I dropped 1 in front and went up 2 in the rear. Wow what a difference. Stock speedo is off about 7%. Don't go down more than 1 in front Busa's have been know to eat up front sprockets because of so much torque. My speedo is off by about 18% you can correct them with a Yellow Box.

I dropped 1 in front and went up 2 in the rear. Wow what a difference. Stock speedo is off about 7%. Don't go down more than 1 in front Busa's have been know to eat up front sprockets because of so much torque. My speedo is off by about 18% you can correct them with a Yellow Box.
I would say that he probably did.........from what I hear you should anyway

I would imagine that you can keep the stock chain if you go down one in the front and two up in the back. I have not tried but from what I have read I think you can. I think you can go two teeth up in the back without changing chains as well. It also depends on how many miles you have on your chain, since a worn chain and wear the sprocket more quickly.

I added my 16/42 sprockets with about 1000 miles on my bike and the fit was fine. I have 5000 miles now and everything looks great.

on mine, had to get a car to pace for accurate reading.....
16/42; 72mph indicated = 60 actual.

you will enjoy the change. the first 10,000rpm run with new gear will remind you of the first time you ever got woke up by the busa. :0

just a note the yellow box for a 110.00 will fix any
or all speedo errors from sprockest changes or changing
your face plate to the 220 from the 180 check out
http://www.blackrobotics.com/yb_faq.htm they have a
great support team to help set the ratio i love mine.

boney
AAAssjani.gif

Back