Sprocket help

Earthdog

Registered
I am for my service 24000km...and i also need new chain and sprocket...The advise is one tooth more at the rear sprocket...

what say you?

I went down a tooth in the front, I love it.......kinda hard to keep the front on the ground sometimes though
biggrin.gif
going up 3 in the back is the same as down one in the front I do believe.

-Eric

If you're looking for more bang for the buck, go -1 up front (16T). I think FGB is correct that even going two up in the back is not as effective as 1 down on the front sprocket.

I've done the 16T thing, and am contemplating going up 2 in the back. If you do either, your speedo will be off, and you'll need to correct it. Yellowbox and SpeedoHealer are the popular choices. I'd highly recommend going with the version 2 SpeedoHealer. It's a great product, and I've gotten fantastic support from the company.

Ping me if you have any questions about the SH.

Good luck.

For you guys that have gone to a 16T in the front...how badly does it affect your top end? Any other negatives to changing to 16T, other than speedo issues?

For you guys that have gone to a 16T in the front...how badly does it affect your top end?  Any other negatives to changing to 16T, other than speedo issues?
Best way to answer that is how fast have you gone?

You will be at a true 176mph which is about 188mph o the speedo.

I changed mine bout two months ago, night and day difference I pull of alot smoother know 2up. Also noticed she pulls harder. You honestly wouldn't think it would make a difference but I read somewhere you get a little vibration out of going down a tooth in front.Your angle comes closer together in front and it rests more on the frame. I notice it more the faster I go.I'm going to try adding 4 teeth in the rear and go back to stock in front just tried it cause it was cheap $20-25 will let you know how it turns out when I do it gotta buy a chain when I change sprockets also want more front lift don't want waste any bling.
wink.gif

When you do change your front sprocket a extra hand comes in handy there is a nut that holds the front sprocket on and that motha was tight.
crazy.gif

Back