Sprocket count

wat1000

Registered
Hey everyone

This is your boy, Wat1000. I've been hearing a lot of folks talking about changing their sprocket count. I was wondering what would be the best count for my 08 Busa. I'm trying to get into the mid 9's. Keeping in mind I street ride more than track racing so I don't want to out to much out of control with it. I used to ride a TL1000 and I was -2 under in the front, and with it stretched 8 over I could still get it 11 o' clock. Right now I went -1 on the front and stock on the back, just haven't gotten it to the track to see if I can tell a difference. Thanks, GONE

How much do you and the bike weigh? That will make big difference. I am running 16/45 or 47,but I weigh 390 lbs and with a stock motor still cant get in the 9's. 10.18@138 mph. I do drive it on the street and I do have a race tire and street tire on separate rims. On the street I run 16/43 and it gets decent fuel milage.

I weigh 230lbs, and right now I'm only -1 in the front. The track has been closed the last couple of weeks so I haven't had the chance to see if it works. I ride the Soft compound Shinko. She hooks pretty good. I still have to get my technique down for launching. Does the clutch mod works for you? That maybe next. An air shifter is coming also.

YES clutch mod works.. Clutch application is chatter free. I run the Shinko also and very happy with it. Air shifter is a definate must makes things alot easier and your times will get quicker.

Mr Brown I'm already stretched 6 over, so wheelies are really not my problem. I get out good, WOT by 60ft just can't get her to run the numbers I see other people running. Again I think my launching technique needs polishing.

Well folks I've been to the track a couple of times with the current setup. Oh yeah I have done the clutch mod, and it makes launching much easier. The best time I could get was a 9.87. 60ft was 1.63 and 330 was 4.36 I was wondering if I went up 3-4 teeth in the back how much would this help me out.

You still weigh 230 ish? If so definitely go up at least 3 in the rear from stock. I was 16/44 with a stock motor and it wasn't enough gear. 60's were low 1.5x's, but should have been quicker. I left on a 2-step set @ 6700 with the throttle pinned. Bike is 6 over and I weighed about 260 in street clothes then. See if you can borrow a couple of different sprockets from guys you race with so you don't have to buy a bunch.

Back