sprocket & Chain

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
I asked this last year but forget the results i got. Lookin to get either a 43T or 44T rear sprocket n new chain but unsure of which "type" chain to get. Not sure of the benefits of different types....
Anyone help me out?

as far as the chain goes get yourself a EK ZZZ or a Tsubaki Sigma. As for sprokets go with JT Steel or Sun Star (Steel) Sprokets.

i just got a driven aluminum sprocket looks great and as far as a chain go with the ek zzz

I am placing an order with Vortex next week for a number of goodies and thought I'd pick up a spare RK chain & a couple of sprockets. Any reason I shouldn't buy RK? I use Vortex Sprockets exclusively.

thumb_up.gif

I have 5000 miles on my EK ZZZ chain, and have had no stretch at all. Very satisfied. Got mine from Charles at Street n track.

Ek zvx2 Chain & Vortex or PBI Sprockets
I have this waiting to go on mine. Vortex 43 tooth.

I've got a friend who is bigger than me who said his 42 tooth pulls the front end up when it didn't with a 40. I'm going 43 because I will never go back to a 50 profile rear from the 55 I have now, and that reduces the ratio to about a 42. A 44?? THAT would keep the front clawing at the sky a bit, wouldn't it? Also a lot more RPMs at highway speeds, are you sure you want that much rear?

Vortex Cat5 hardcoated- mine is in black, of course...

Vortex_Cat5.jpg

I've got a friend who is bigger than me who said his 42 tooth pulls the front end up when it didn't with a 40. I'm going 43 because I will never go back to a 50 profile rear from the 55 I have now, and that reduces the ratio to about a 42. A 44?? THAT would keep the front clawing at the sky a bit, wouldn't it? Also a lot more RPMs at highway speeds, are you sure you want that much rear?

Those cat 5's are really nice sprockets,I have them in stock in black for most wheels if anybody needs one...

BusaCruise just helped me put on the same Vortex Cat-5 43T sprocket in anodized red...haven't been able to open it up it yet..it rained just after installation. Also, the 43T will shorten up your wheelbase a hair.

I've been told from Busa owners they've had no problems with the wear for these sprockets...they are aluminum and so much lighter than the steel OE sprocket.

Back