Spring kick off ride

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
We have been doing this ride the past couple of years and it continues to grow. 23 bikes this year, up from 18 last year. We have all kinds of riders and bikes. Trackday riders and newbies with no accidents either. Everyone was amazed at how well it went off with the diversity that was riding together. It was time consuming attempting to get everyone fed and gas stops were a nightmare but nobody was complaining. We were up in the mountains around the Blue Ridge Parkway so everything was mom n pops type places. Gas stations averaged 2 pumps and the restaurant was overrun by motorcycle hooligans.

The first few pics were from the gopro on NC 80
GOPR2020.jpg
GOPR2233.jpg

this is the top of NC 80 with the most extreme switchback, you can see the road going up in the upper part of the frame
GOPR2307.jpg

Some from the gas station that morning
005.jpg
003.jpg
006.jpg

GOPR2020.jpg

GOPR2233.jpg

GOPR2307.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Here is some from the bottom of 181 where I made the gopro video

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

This bike was beautiful. He rode in the fast group all day

012.jpg

these from outside of our lunch stop in Little Switzerland

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

I've been riding with this guy for over 4 years, his other bike is a 916 Duc.

016.jpg

This little CB-1 is something else. His tag says slowone which he is not. He is a track coach for nesba so he is far from slow.

017.jpg

There were quite a few different bikes which makes it interesting to attend. Here is the link to the video https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/173305-kick-off-spring-ride.html

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Nice I just got done watching your blood mountain video. Where are you located at because those are awesome roads.
I'm about 35 miles west of Charlotte NC. Blood Mtn. is in Georgia, I did that run in the fall last year when I went to Robbinsville. It's about an hour or so from Robbinsville. 181 is outside of Morganton about 40 minutes from my house:thumbsup:

Hey pack mule, how was the tar strips up there? I heard that they had been put down all over 226 and just ruined it and was wondering about 80?

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Hey pack mule, how was the tar strips up there? I heard that they had been put down all over 226 and just ruined it and was wondering about 80?

Look at the pics in front of the restaurant, tar strips everywhere. The whole road looks exactly that same way from top to bottom. We used the BRP and regular 226 to get around 226a. 1/8 mile was enough for me from the BRP to the restaurant. NC 80 was clean as a pin though with no traffic:thumbsup:

A local who lives on 226a did tell me that they heard NCDOT was planning on paving it in the next 2 years:please:

Nice pics, I use to ride with a few groups of many different bike sport and cruisers. Everyone loved it and had great times. One thing I learned about riding with most of the cruisers is you have to stay in front of the pack :laugh: Some of them don't like the curves that much. One thing I learned riding with the sport bikes is that I really didn't know how to rude that good. It was like I was the one on a cruiser then :rofl: Great fun either way. Thanks for sharing

Look at the pics in front of the restaurant, tar strips everywhere. The whole road looks exactly that same way from top to bottom. We used the BRP and regular 226 to get around 226a. 1/8 mile was enough for me from the BRP to the restaurant. NC 80 was clean as a pin though with no traffic:thumbsup:

A local who lives on 226a did tell me that they heard NCDOT was planning on paving it in the next 2 years:please:
And there you go, another great road ruined! If they ever pave it the bike will flock from everywhere.

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightismine