Spring Bash, Devils Triangle Run?

I know everyone is talking about Tail Of The Dragon and the Cherohala Parkway, but are there any others that are going to hit the others around the area?
For those that are not familiar with Devils Triangle
The Devils Triangle is not a place for the squeamish or beginning rider. There are sections with difficult steep switchbacks, poorly patched asphalt, heaves in the roadway, broken pavement, gravel in road, steep dropoffs, and coal/logging trucks to dodge. Other that that it is a great road. RIDE WITH EXTREME CARE .....

Good news about Devils Triangle
Just had a report that the Devil's Triangle has been repaved and is in good shape except for a few places on the east end of 116 where some rock slides have roughed it up.

Ive found that Tail Of Dragon gets extremely busy after 10:30AM till 5:00PM with site seeing cotton tips, Harley riders, young kids taking daddies Honda prelude out for a thrill crossing double yellows and not to mention the law enforcement. So have we started rides and times in the area? :dunno:

I'm sure hooken and I would be in on this one. The nastier the better. We rode a logging road last year. :laugh:

If I am able to make it, you know I am game:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

That's one of the roads I say I'm going to ride but never do. So many great roads to ride, just never enough time.

That's one of the roads I say I'm going to ride but never do. So many great roads to ride, just never enough time.

Yeah I hear ya! I usually hit the Dragon the crack of daylight when traffic is lite, run up and down it a few times. then by 10AM I am off to another road. The Cherohala is nice but been there seen it and may hit it if time allows. My sites are set on Devils Triangle and The Diamond Back. The Diamond back is a few miles away..

I understand your situation Bret:beerchug: Fingers are crossed that all goes well and the dates play in your favor.
Hopefully me and BigE can talk you into a White Busa by the Fall Bash:moon:

lankeeyankee said:
I understand your situation Bret:beerchug: Fingers are crossed that all goes well and the dates play in your favor.
Hopefully me and BigE can talk you into a White Busa by the Fall Bash:moon:

Reckon Bill would be interested in a trade??? Since he is just gonna paint them any way. I love that blue:drool:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I think Busa Jules did the Triangle one year, but I don't remember where it is in relation to the Dragon.

I thought it was up near Oak Ridge. From Robbinsville, that's a full day's ride by itself from the looks of it.

I thought it was up near Oak Ridge. From Robbinsville, that's a full day's ride by itself from the looks of it.

NOOOO come on.... its only about 90miles to Oakridge.... What time do you start riding? noon? :whistle:

You could easily make it a whole day ride though!! :thumbsup:

The Diamond Back is a ride an half, dont think I will have time for that. I am thinking Devils Triangle Saturday afternoon when Devils Triangle gets to crowded.
Everyone dealing with Harleys and Mitas on the Dragon Saturday afternoon I am heading for Devils Triangle and the Cherohala Saturday late afternoon. The Cherohala isnt a road early in the morning due to the fog and low cloud cover.

http://www.devilstriangletn.com/

So the worst road I can imagine for a bike, got it, that's all ya needed to say :rofl:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Sounds interesting. I'm just gonna try to be up at sunrise every day to enjoy as much time there.

If you go up to the Dragon and only ride the Dragon, then you are missing out. It is fun to ride the Dragon a few times, but the surrounding roads are less crowded, safer and usually a lot more fun.

Tail of the dragon to Devils Triangle a days ride?? Maybe if you cant follow a map.

Robbinsville-Dragon-Oak Ridge-Triangle, and back to Robbinsville? Don't know how many miles it is just taking an uneducated guess would have thought that would take most of a day to get over and all the way back. But sounds like a good solid days ride with lots to see.

Back