Spring 2015 Hayabusa Bash - May 6-10, 2015

And of course, he always has a lady on his arm.

image-892950915.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

In all seriousness though, my comment wasn't aimed at you or anybody else. It was just a general observation similar to walking into a room full of people who seem like they are all having a good time, cutting up, and laughing and then all of a sudden you could hear a pin drop. I thought we had buried the hatchet last year. It doesn't seem to be the case. I was not aware of anyone being removed from the group and I am not sure why anyone would be. If you would like back in I will do it myself. To say that you guys haven't been missed would be a lie. I would love to know what I could do to get us all back together again. Suggestions would be helpful.

I thought so too John, hence I couldn't let the comment go. No one likes the feeling of exclusion, but others had told you they've been removed from the group, then you make a comment like you did today, so I had to ask. I know how FB groups/admin works; people don't just accidentally drop out. It's petty that key members were removed and no, I honestly don't care to be let back in. There's obviously a reason I was removed :laugh:

Anyway, you've morphed the event in to something very different than what it once was, and that's great for the ideals you have. It's also awesome for people that want it. I think you expect everyone to just pick up where they left off, but to some it's not an appealing format. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing it, but it's like Coke vs Pepsi, Chevy vs Ford...some choose one, some choose the other. I think you are frustrated that so many that used to go aren't, but there are lots of reasons for that, from bad timing to money to the format to the simple fact that personalities conflict. It's a sad, but real fact. So, I think you are working on a new following, not so much Busa-centric anymore judging from the number of non-Busa bikes there. I get the feeling you are upset about the lack of turnout, specifically from the oRg, but with the major changes made, the core group you're attracting, consider yourself on the path to a successful event.

And here is where I get confused. We have always had "other" bikes at the Bash's. Many of the people on these other bikes used to own Busas. Probably 50% of the people who used to come have different bikes now. If I made it a Busa only event, I would really be limiting the function. There is no format so I'm not following you on that either. Really, the only difference is that we have food provided for us instead of having to prepare it ourselves. I am glad we are having this conversation. At least we are talking.

And here is where I get confused. We have always had "other" bikes at the Bash's. Many of the people on these other bikes used to own Busas. Probably 50% of the people who used to come have different bikes now. If I made it a Busa only event, I would really be limiting the function. There is no format so I'm not following you on that either. Really, the only difference is that we have food provided for us instead of having to prepare it ourselves. I am glad we are having this conversation. At least we are talking.

I am not pin-pointing that as a reason, I'm simply saying perhaps your focus changes? It's not a Hayabusa Bash, but something else? It's morphed, so run with it. You have to admit, way back when, it was mostly Busas because most came from here, sprinkled with some oddball bikes. But you posted, I think, that only about 1/2 were Busas, so maybe focus on the event, not the bike?

Just an idea...certainly not my call, I just know you feel everyone that used to go should still do so, and they don't. Lots of things have changed, so embrace what's working and run with it.

wife and I had a great time but sorry didn't even bring a bike.camaro ss was all I could bring this year.next year busa will be there.don't think what you ride is all that important.getting together and meeting people is what these type of functions are about so unless you ride a moped we are all part of the same motorcycling family.jon on his bmw led the ride on thurs.and showed great care and patience for all.we watched him follow the group to make sure all were safe.so as a wise man once said can't we all just get along.

from what i saw looks like you put on a good time John, no need to justify yourself for that,

I'm with Vabusa on this one. When I started attending these some years back it was different, not knocking what it is now, just different. I had planned on attending this year and told Jon I was coming on Friday but decided I had rather go on another ride. The bash was the highlight of my yearly rides, now not so much. It's not the other type of bikes, because every year that I attended, there were bikes other than hayabusas. It's more the whole event and the atmosphere. From what my coworkers tell me, since I've never been, it's more like a HD rally. Just my observation from attending both.

More misinformation. I can assure you this is nothing like a Harley Rally. Ask anyone who has been. Speculation doesn't benefit anyone.

I'm not sure why people think, assume that this has turned into a rally type function. The only thing different is food brought to us and we have live music instead of someone's stereo playing in the back of a trailer. This all happens after everyone is done riding for the day. Keys are put away which in the past wasn't always the case. I can tell you since I wasn't able to ride this year, that hardly anyone was at the motel during the day. When everyone is done riding, we all get together (if you choose to) and exchange stories. There has been no drama, plenty of riding, fixing bikes, meeting new people, sitting by the fire, etc. Just because it is more organized doesn't mean it has changed. Nothing wrong with awesome prizes, catered food, and tshirts...it's still about the ride only now we have something entertaining to do when they day is over...which still includes telling stories about wrecks and being chased by police, etc.. It is ultimately up to you whether you want the extra goodies or not, no one is being forced and no one is excluded if you choose not to register.

More misinformation. I can assure you this is nothing like a Harley Rally. Ask anyone who has been. Speculation doesn't benefit anyone.

No speculation, I was there last year and I rode with you. I have been going to the bash since 08. I was giving my take having been to both. I'm not knocking what it has become, it's just not my cup of tea anymore. I'm not going to air the specifics here. I enjoyed riding with you and Jon, that's why I came to ride motorcycles.

haya bash 011.jpg

I would say this year was 80% Busa 20% Other, and Me in other group, Who knows GEN 3 I'll have to see I need to bike for two up rides.

11012037_10205655849669587_7818246071461699432_n.jpg

John racerv, I want you to know that everyone was friendly to me and I enjoyed the time we got to ride together. Let me try to better explain myself and hopefully not offend the hayabusa bash.

I attended two bike nights at Mac's Speed Shop in Charlotte. First one was the Euro bike night, the second was the standard bike night. Euro: my age, mtn. riders, full gear, min. beer drinking, well-behaved. Standard: younger set, stretched, fat tires, mostly squids who think cruising the beltway and stunting is cool, doing burnouts and drinking way more than they should. I had more in common and enjoyed myself much more with the first group. There were way more bikes at the standard bike night and it looked like everyone there was having a great time, I left after about 30 minutes. Please understand that both groups were enjoying their nights, same place, just different.

Please, nobody read anything into this example or make comparisons to the bash and the bike nights. The bash has been morphing for several years now, it didn't change overnight.

It looks like ya'll had a great time. I'm not attempting to sway anyone not to go, why would I? I'll probably go in the fall or maybe next year. I didn't mean to offend what ya'll have put together, that wasn't my intent. Good luck with the next one.

I knew you rode with us but I didn't recall you staying after the ride. The evening activities have always involved drinking and tomfoolery. Hell, GixxerHP usually closed down the campfire at 4 in the morning :). This last spring, most everyone was in bed by midnight and anxious to hit the bricks by 8 am. Jon did a fantastic job in getting people rounded up and headed out. He held a brief riders meeting and everyone came back in one piece. Gary Laughter also did an excellent job in leading groups. The photo shoot took a total of 45 minutes. While it wasn't the prettiest line up, it allowed people to get out on the roads faster and spend more time riding. We hired a local band for Saturday night and they did an awesome set. Not too loud, just right. While it is impossible to please everyone, I am pretty sure most had an enjoyable time. I honestly did not hear one bad review or complaint. Not even from the old timers. I really hope you join us in the Fall and stay for more than just the ride. I think you will find it to be a little different from the bike night atmosphere you talked about.

Back