Spray Paint and Sand Paper

bassdog

Never Forgotten
Went with Color Rite. What you think?

Close.jpg

Thanks for the great comments. Yep did It myself it was a lot of work and a fun project. I'll post pics of the project

Sanded panels

Panel_Sand.jpg

3 coats of Rust-Oleum plastic primer sand between with 220 then 320 then 400 and 600 before the base coat

Primer.jpg

Spray thin even coats. I did 4 coat 5 min between first three and 10 min before the final coat.

basecoat.jpg

I used the $30 clear system from Color Rite. 3 coats of clear let dry 2 days then and most important wetsand. After initial clearcoat the finish will have the orange peel look. you have to wetsand or colorsand with 1500 to 2000 sandpaper then i buffed with 3m scratch remover(autozone). (do a web search for wet or colorsand for more info also check the pined paint post)

That was it. I worked a littel at a time after work. Again thanks for the comments

clear.jpg

Dooood! That's freakin' schweet!
super.gif
I like how you masked the design! I never did care for the 'crooked' line that Race Ready does; just doesn't flow with the bike.
crazy.gif

+1 on doing the tank kidneys next.

(Me thinks I'll hafta do that mod!)

See I knew this would look good! I think Ill do this to all those pesky black panels that mess up the whole white, silver theme but a diff. design of course..

Verry nice work!!
bowdown.gif

So the white showing is actually the primer underneath and the silver is painted over the white primer?

I have been studying to do this since I got the bike...just takes some elbow grease. This mod will be much easier for anyone with a solid colored bike. Mine has the stripes which will be a b*tch to match up because the grey stripe has a fade to it.

Thnaks, I'm going to note this thread...you may get a PM as well.

Back