Spotted my first local busa rider today ...

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I was heading up north today to visit my mother, when from the opposite direction on the Interstate comes a 2006 LE, with chrome rims, and chrome pipes wearing nothing but kswiss shoes, ankle socks, shorts, ansd a wife beater. (I think they were kswiss, that style anyway.)

The really sad thing was there was a white Hayabusa branded helmet attatched to the back. Too bad it was a waste, those things are nice!

He looked back over his shoulder to check out my bike, only to swerve across a lanes and almost rear end a cager.

I fear he will be in the obituaries sometime soon.

Oh,well.

I think I'm going to start carrying around little pictures of the skin aftermath from when people wreck without gear and hand them out to squids like that while I'm on the road next to them at a stop light or in the parking lot.

Hey PAC, you got some pictures for me.
biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to start carrying around little pictures of the skin aftermath from when people wreck without gear and hand them out to squids like that while I'm on the road next to them at a stop light or in the parking lot.

biggrin.gif
I totally dig this idea. I came across some photos of a guy recovering from a wreck where he wasn't wearing a helmet and he face and half his skull was sanded off by asphalt. I think the fact that his injuries were healing were more disturbing. Anyone can look at photos of an injury and think they might be able to recover, but photosof the recovery, where people are disfigured for life really drive in the big picture.

Maybe we should get together and make some cards and distribute them to hayabusa.org mebers to hand out.The Busa seems to attract a good crowd.

I hope nothing happens to him, but it is only a matter of time I suppose...

Maybe he was trying to imitate his favorite FOOTBALL QB
laugh.gif
I kinda thought that, too. I saw the same thing a couple weeks back. Guy on a brand new red/black pulling up to a stop light. Had his girl on the back (at least she had a helmet and gloves on, but nothing covering her arms) wearing no helmet, cut-off t-shirt and a pair of gloves. Looked back at me (wearing full gear) and gave me the nice bike nod and turned the corner.

It is amazing how many riders I see down here in Georgia without the proper gear.

I asked one guy at the gym about not wearing gear. He just said it was too hot. I responded with, "oh well, that is just part of it, it gets hot". I pulled out wearing full gear hoping I wouldn't be seeing him in the hospital anytime soon.

It is amazing how many riders I see down here in Georgia without the proper gear.

I asked one guy at the gym about not wearing gear. He just said it was too hot. I responded with, "oh well, that is just part of it, it gets hot". I pulled out wearing full gear hoping I wouldn't be seeing him in the hospital anytime soon.
In all fairness, Columbus's gene pool is mixed with Phenix city isn't it?
rock.gif
jump9.gif

rock.gif

jump9.gif
Now we're getting nasty!
laugh.gif

rock.gif

jump9.gif
Now we're getting nasty!
laugh.gif
Not nasty, just funnin... hey any place that has a road called Victory drive, but most refer to it as "VD" drive is open for some....
poke.gif

biggrin.gif
I totally dig this idea. I came across some photos of a guy recovering from a wreck where he wasn't wearing a helmet and he face and half his skull was sanded off by asphalt. I think the fact that his injuries were healing were more disturbing. Anyone can look at photos of an injury and think they might be able to recover, but photosof the recovery, where people are disfigured for life really drive in the big picture.

Maybe we should get together and make some cards and distribute them to hayabusa.org mebers to hand out.The Busa seems to attract a good crowd.
Great Idea. How about a card with a nice shot of a busa, with riding tips and gear info. on the back?

Back