Sportech V-Screen & Yoshi Zyclone review

Scooter

Registered
I put a Sportech smoke tinted V-screen and a new set of Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon Fiber Zyclone slip-ons on last night. Rode about 30 miles to get a decent feel for the changes. Here's my two cents:

V-Screen: Nice! It's a quality screen. Well made, fits like stock. I like the trim they put on the lip. Anyway, it directs the airflow up and around my helmet. The stock screen directed the air under my helmet - trying to lift it off my head. Big improvement! Best of all, the gauges are in perfect view now. How does it compare to the other "double-bubble" style screens? Don't know, never tried them. Probably never will, as this screen WORKS and looks as good or better than most. Plus it costs less than the competition by a few bucks.

Yoshi CF Zyclone: These mufflers fit well and they look great. They do not, however, make a drastic change in sound level. They add a little growl and deepen the note, but not by much. I like that. Technically, I kinda like the stealthiness of the stock pipes' sound, but the giant silver cans stuck out like a boner in leotards on my dark gray '05 LE. I bought these carbon cans for looks - I admit it.

Now, I wonder if the packing will eventually burn out making the pipes louder? Anyone know?

Pics?
rock.gif

what probably look good on a '05 os Carbon Cans and a Semi-Gloss black paint on the midpipes...

I had the Sportech VFlow and it was nice. Fit was really tight though. I had a mishap with a UHaul and the screen shattered so I ended up picking up a Puig Racing. Puig fit better and directs the air just a good. I thought that both are excellent screens but Puig was just a smoother fit. Both look great, Sportech see through chrome looked a little better if you like the style. But, I'm very happy with the Puig.

Wayne

Back